Minisplit As Maintenance - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-04-2009, 05:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

minisplit as maintenance

On my high wall mounted (ductless) mini split ac unit, i have noticed that even though the air filters are clean, and aluminium fins in the unit are clean as well, the blower unit collects a lot of dust which attaches to it, my question is, if there is a practical way to do cleaning and manitenance to the blower, without having to take down the whole wall mounted unit?? can you please describe the process, to open the inner console and extract the blower to be washed and put back in place......? i will certainly appreciate this information since this means a better air quality for all users-

antonio guzman

Advertisement

ANTONIO GUZMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
Hvac Pro

Rewards Points: 880

minisplit as maintenance

They can be very tricky to take apart. May want to get a Pro to do it. If you loosen or break any plastic pieces you may have a permanent rattle later and wish you never set eyes on the thing. Try blow it out with compressed air and have a shop vac running at the same time.

Advertisement

yuri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 256

minisplit as maintenance

Our wall mounted units(city-multi) started throwing off funk, or blowing chunks, whatever you want to call it, recently. The blower wheels where coated with debris. The HVAC guys had to remove a lot of stuff to get the wheels out. Something happened to one of the units during the procedure and it still isn't working. Happens to be the one in my office, of course. There are lots of small wires and expensive circuit boards in these critters, so be careful if you decide to have a go. Maybe get an illustrated parts list before you start.

It was a job. I think they need better filters to avoid this sort of problem. The little screens just don't seem up to the task.
7echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:48 PM   #4
Hvac Pro

Rewards Points: 880

minisplit as maintenance

They are imported and EXPENSIVE.
yuri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:32 PM   #5

minisplit as maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7echo View Post
Our wall mounted units(city-multi) started throwing off funk, or blowing chunks, whatever you want to call it, recently. The blower wheels where coated with debris. The HVAC guys had to remove a lot of stuff to get the wheels out. Something happened to one of the units during the procedure and it still isn't working. Happens to be the one in my office, of course. There are lots of small wires and expensive circuit boards in these critters, so be careful if you decide to have a go. Maybe get an illustrated parts list before you start.

It was a job. I think they need better filters to avoid this sort of problem. The little screens just don't seem up to the task.
THANKS A LOT MY FRIEND, BELEIVE ME I THOUGHT OF DOING THE COMPRESSED AIR, WHILE VACUM IT.... UNTIL MY WIFE GUESSED..... MY IDEA,.... AND THIS TIME I MUST SAY SHE IS RIGTH, I CANīT BE BLOWING ALL THAT DIRT IN OUR BEDROOM EVERY 3 OR 4 MONTHS, ON THE OTHER HAND A MAJOR MAINTENANCE OF THE UNITS, IS BEEN MADE FROM YEAR TO YEAR BY A CONTRACTOR, WHICH IS SORT OF EXPENSIVE AND A GOOD DEAL OF HASSLING, ....POLLUTION AND AIR CONTAMINATION IS A REAAAL PROBLEM NOW A DAY.........

Last edited by ANTONIO GUZMAN; 01-05-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:43 PM   #6

minisplit as maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri View Post
They can be very tricky to take apart. May want to get a Pro to do it. If you loosen or break any plastic pieces you may have a permanent rattle later and wish you never set eyes on the thing. Try blow it out with compressed air and have a shop vac running at the same time.
THANKS A LOT YURY BELEIVE ME I THOUGHT OF DOING THE COMPRESSED AIR, WHILE VACUM IT ROUTINE.... UNTIL MY WIFE GUESSED..... MY IDEA,.... AND THIS TIME I MUST SAY SHE IS RIGHT, I CANīT BE BLOWING ALL THAT DIRT IN OUR BED ROOM EVERY 3 OR 4 MONTHS, ON THE OTHER HAND A MAJOR MAINTENANCE OF THE UNITS, IS BEEN MADE FROM YEAR TO YEAR BY A CONTRACTOR, WHICH IS SORT OF EXPENSIVE AND A GOOD DEAL OF HASSLING, POLLUTION AND AIR CONTAMINATION IS A REAAAL PROBLEM NOW A DAY......... IF YOU HAPPEN TO SET EYE ON ANY ILUSTRATED CATALOGUE OR ANY RELATED LITERATURE AS SUGGESTED BY 7ECO PLEASE LET ME NOW SINCE IT WILL BE VERY APPRECIATED. AND THANKS AGAIN TO YOU ALL... /// ANTONIO GUZMAN

Advertisement