Miller/Wayne - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-23-2009, 08:56 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Miller/Wayne

Recently I posted a problem with my Miller M/H furnace and received very good advice and it worked. I think my main problem is in my fuel oil and always has been ever since I switched from Oil/Kerosine mixture to oil with an aditive to keep it from gelling and then bio oil plus a mixture, etc.
The problem I have now is I or contractors who came to repair the furnace tightened the screw too tight which holds the electrodes. The soft metal (not a full iron) casting where the screw is tightened to hold the electrode, broke in half on the one side. There is still a little of it left but I feel that it would only become a constant nuisance if I try to tighten the screw and place the unit back into the furnace. I called a few places and they said they do not carry that part and one place tried to match it up but with no success. I found one place in Mechanicsburg Pa. that does carry the parts for my furnace but it is 50 miles from my house and the only way they could help me is to bring the unit in to their store.
The unit I need is the unit which holds the nozzle, two electrodes, and the small part of the fuel line and the round plate/fins. All this fits into the heat shield. The part is made by Wayne. The name on the furnace is Miller.
Does anyone know where I could purchase this unit? So far everyone is telling me to get a new furnace.

Advertisement

Determined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 4,690

Miller/Wayne

If you found a place that has the draw assembly for an old wayne burner.
Drive there.

Advertisement

beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 25

Miller/Wayne

Yep, that's just what I did, Beenthere. I bought the drawer assem. I also received a lot of knowledge from the person who sold me the part.
I am now using a 50/80 nozzle inistead of the 57/90.
All I have to say is, what a break. Now I know why the man has the ten commandments listed in the window.
So far the furnace is working fine and no more vibration or noise but since it is warm just now, I will have to wait for the weekend when it will be colder to truly find if it is going to perform as it should.
Determined is offline   Reply With Quote