Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-04-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
tar

Share |

max distance of AC unit to house wall

The ac unit against the home wall is in way of future deck. Someone recommended moving the Ac unit away from the home wall around 10 feet , so the deck can fit inbetween the wall and ac unit. This solution is causing me some concern. Can the Ac unit be so far away from the house wall? Any help will be appreciated. thanks.

tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:12 PM   #2

It might be cheaper to relocate the unit to another side of the house, something best done by others.

1610 CUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:28 PM   #3
tar

relocating to other side of the house was the first option but i was told that it would involve more cost and work. I do not intend do this work myself. But should I go with the contractor that wants to move the ac unit away from the house wall?

Last edited by tar; 09-04-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #4

I'm not a A/C guy ( I can't fix them) I"m a sheet metal guy. But I have installed 100's of A/c, heat pump, coil,what have you. If they keep the refer lines up and supported all you should need to do is adjust the charge. BTW I have worked this field from 1975-2003!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:55 PM   #5
tar

really appreciate your time and replies. but the last reply got a bit technical for me. did u mean that moving the ac unit around 10 feet away from wall will be okay (as long as all the points you mentioned are taken care of) ?
Old 09-05-2008, 06:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
The ac unit against the home wall is in way of future deck. Someone recommended moving the Ac unit away from the home wall around 10 feet , so the deck can fit inbetween the wall and ac unit. This solution is causing me some concern. Can the Ac unit be so far away from the house wall? Any help will be appreciated. thanks.
I don't know who recommended to you to move it out 10". I did however think you were going to build the deck and then put it beside the new deck, just out 10'. If your thinking of putting it out in the lawn 10'from the house and deck then the answer is No. You need to relocate either down the side of your house or at the end of the deck. ..... j