Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 18
Rewards Points: 0
Share |
Default

Magicpak Draft Inducer?


How do you remove the Draft Inducer on an Armstrong Magic Pak?

Fredzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
HVAC / Plumbing
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,801
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Magicpak Draft Inducer?


is this the unit that is self contained & hangs on outside wall ? If so. They just about have to be taken apart to work on... Good luck

kenmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 452
Rewards Points: 6
Default

Magicpak Draft Inducer?


Check here: http://www.fasco.com/documents/fascopage51-59.pdf
Is it A155? If so, see other number 7021-10046 and Google on that.
From pic, looks like 5 screws on housing rear. Then maybe a couple of screws joining manifold? May have putty-like material covering that connection?
diyorpay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 18
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Magicpak Draft Inducer?


Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmac View Post
is this the unit that is self contained & hangs on outside wall ? If so. They just about have to be taken apart to work on... Good luck
Yep hangs on the outside wall. Only one side of the unit is accessible, and the draft inducer is in the back. Thought I was missing something because it looks like a lot of bs just to get the draft inducer out.
Fredzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 18
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Magicpak Draft Inducer?


Quote:
Originally Posted by diyorpay View Post
Check here: http://www.fasco.com/documents/fascopage51-59.pdf
Is it A155? If so, see other number 7021-10046 and Google on that.
From pic, looks like 5 screws on housing rear. Then maybe a couple of screws joining manifold? May have putty-like material covering that connection?
Thanks for the input, but it's not that model.
Fredzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #6
HVAC / Plumbing
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,801
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Magicpak Draft Inducer?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
Yep hangs on the outside wall. Only one side of the unit is accessible, and the draft inducer is in the back. Thought I was missing something because it looks like a lot of bs just to get the draft inducer out.


Yep, those things are a pain in the rear end to work on
kenmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:29 PM   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 18
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Magicpak Draft Inducer?


Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmac View Post
Yep, those things are a pain in the rear end to work on
No doubt. I actually got it out after some severe wiggling/prying with a screwdriver. It slid right out once i got it loose. It was a little corroded where it was hanging from, which prevented it from sliding loose.

Fredzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Draft Inducer Blower Not Blowing- LED Blinking 3 Times rust101 HVAC 10 04-09-2013 08:44 PM
Condensate in draft inducer longhunter1757 HVAC 6 11-08-2009 09:46 AM
Pressure Switch, Draft Inducer, Burner Box, Problem majorapus HVAC 7 10-25-2009 06:14 PM
Tempstar pilot not lighting after draft inducer replacement Kdavid HVAC 53 03-27-2009 02:10 PM
New Rheem 90+ is making a strange noise. Draft inducer? shinkansen HVAC 1 01-09-2009 08:38 AM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.