Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 266

LUXPRO PSPU732T Opinions?

I am looking for a new thermostat, mostly for central air cooling in SW Florida. Humidity is also an issue.

I found this unit which seems to also control humidity. Any experience with this unit, ease of use, value, worth while, etc. Better options?

Thanks JIm

jjrbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 3,628

I prefer the Honeywell IAQ thermostat. will also do vacation mode for humidity control.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #3

The IAQ appears to be an expensive unit. With some features I do not need, is it worth the extra $$$ ? JIm
Old 05-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #4
www.inspectorzo.com

Rewards Points: 75
Send a message via Skype™ to InspectorZo
Talking

This might be out of your budget but I wanted to chime in and tell you about it. I bought this for my home about a year ago. It is the coolest, easiest, smartest, most efficient T-stat I've even seen or used. It is also controlled remotely from your smartphone. 2nd generation is out, I'm not sure what it offers that mine does not. Maybe this one makes dinner too.
Anyway, the link to the product is here. I do not sponsor them and receive no money for endorsing them. No skin in the game.
Good luck!
InspectorZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
Experienced HVAC Tech

Rewards Points: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectorZo
This might be out of your budget but I wanted to chime in and tell you about it. I bought this for my home about a year ago. It is the coolest, easiest, smartest, most efficient T-stat I've even seen or used. It is also controlled remotely from your smartphone. 2nd generation is out, I'm not sure what it offers that mine does not. Maybe this one makes dinner too.
Anyway, the link to the product is here. I do not sponsor them and receive no money for endorsing them. No skin in the game.
Good luck!
I put some of those 2nd gen ones in for a customer who really really wanted them. The thing is he has a zoned system, i had a few problems with them working with his Troll-a-Temp zone board, but he wanted to replace the zone board anyway so i put in a New Zone First (Yes Beenthere, I know they were actually the same company before they sold out to Honeywell and then started up again, but they changed the system so it is just all around better than that old Master-Slave style system) board and the nests worked like a charm, and I have to agree those nests are pretty neat and easy to install but they are $$$.
Those 2nd gens have hum control and they can tell you the wrath forecast in your area and control your hvac system accordingly.
HVAC1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #6
www.inspectorzo.com

Rewards Points: 75
Send a message via Skype™ to InspectorZo

Thanks HVAC1000! They are pricey but I could have kept my pad n pen around and didn't splurge on a good printer if I wanted to save money & not join the 21st century.
It's not something you buy often and it sure is nice to check my phone from my office and control my system back home.
Happy Friday!
InspectorZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #7

Not out of my budget! But I have no desire to try and learn anymore new technology, I have reached my I don't care anymore point..

TMI burnout

I was shopping for a new fridge, I saw one that was WiFi, I have no desire to Email my fridge! Nor do I wish to tell my sprinkler system to water the petunias from the Tacloban airport.

I do hold the patent for putting black electrical tape on the flashing 1222 on VCR's You guy's remember VCR's? My first one cost $1000.

Thanks for all the input, always appreciated JIm
Old 05-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #8
Experienced HVAC Tech

Rewards Points: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrbus
Not out of my budget! But I have no desire to try and learn anymore new technology, I have reached my I don't care anymore point..

TMI burnout

I was shopping for a new fridge, I saw one that was WiFi, I have no desire to Email my fridge!
Why would anyone need to email there fridge

You- "hey we are out of tomatoes"

Refrigerator - "LMFAO" ( the F stands for fridge btw) ( The A stands for accumulator, congrats if you understood that)

You- "can you make some ice?"

Refrigerator- "K"
HVAC1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #9
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 3,628

Or the Honeywell prestige.

Cost more. But can control if from your phone.

Lots of features, that while you may ot use them at the moment, they can be handy down the road.