Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-19-2008, 09:46 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Angry

Luxaire heat pump wiring diagram

I'm wondering if anyone here has a schematic for a Luxaire heat pump EBBA-F024SA outside unit, s/n ECFP012151. I've got a problem with the main contactor clicking when it should be running, and the wiring daigram inside the cover is GONE due to the weather.

Any other suggestions or troubleshooting hints? Sometimes (75% of the time) the thing runs fine, and then other times the contactor tries to pull in (and fan and compressor start) but immediately drops out. Sometimes it will "click" for a minute or two, then pull in and run fine. I think it may be the pilot relay on the defrost board, but I need a schematic to verify before I just throw money at it -- it could be just a connection or contact problem. I haven't tapped on any of the relays or contactor when it was trying to pull in. I don't have much experience with refridgeration, but many, many years of electrical / electronic service experience (BSEET in Industrial Automation). This thing can't be that hard to fix or troubleshoot -- I just need a diagram!

There's no longer a dealer / distributor in my area, and calling Luxaire -- well, let's just say they weren't very helpful since I was just Joe Consumer. It's like a secret society..........give me a break.

StevieRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieRay View Post
I'm wondering if anyone here has a schematic for a Luxaire heat pump EBBA-F024SA outside unit, s/n ECFP012151. I've got a problem with the main contactor clicking when it should be running, and the wiring daigram inside the cover is GONE due to the weather.

Any other suggestions or troubleshooting hints? Sometimes (75% of the time) the thing runs fine, and then other times the contactor tries to pull in (and fan and compressor start) but immediately drops out. Sometimes it will "click" for a minute or two, then pull in and run fine. I think it may be the pilot relay on the defrost board, but I need a schematic to verify before I just throw money at it -- it could be just a connection or contact problem. I haven't tapped on any of the relays or contactor when it was trying to pull in. I don't have much experience with refridgeration, but many, many years of electrical / electronic service experience (BSEET in Industrial Automation). This thing can't be that hard to fix or troubleshoot -- I just need a diagram!

There's no longer a dealer / distributor in my area, and calling Luxaire -- well, let's just say they weren't very helpful since I was just Joe Consumer. It's like a secret society..........give me a break.

bmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:48 PM   #3

daughter luxaire heat pump dose same pulling out hair runs when it feel like running
Old 07-01-2008, 08:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmill View Post
daughter luxaire heat pump dose same pulling out hair runs when it feel like running
hold in contactors run good but dosen.t always dose it by itself any ideals
Old 07-02-2008, 07:20 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,002

Have you replaced the contactor?
bob22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:08 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 75

Send your info to them and they should get you a diagram. Here is the contact link. ucg-upgconsumerrelations@jci.com

statman is offline   Reply With Quote