Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-29-2011, 10:59 AM   #1

Share |

Luxaire gas furnace blower runs continously

Model G8T11520UHC11A

After I reset the gas control valve (see attached pic) the furnace ignites and blower runs fine for about a day. Then about a day later, the blower continues to run, the thermostat clicks when it reaches the desired temp. When I take cover off, there is no flame, the blower is running. I try to turn the thermostat to OFF, blower still runs. The furnace never ignites until I do the reset (disconnect power, flip the gas control valve from on to off, then back to on, reconnect power).

I hope I explained this clearly.

Name:  image-1029509713.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  image-4269883501.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  28.9 KB

Name:  image-3307460636.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  36.5 KB

BayouDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #2

its tripping high limit switch....are filter clean...do you have a/c if so could be dirty coil...also i noticed flex pipe inside burnner box....thats a no no..should be pipe solid till out side of cabinet... sorry i have to leave so others are around....ben

ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
Model G8T11520UHC11A

After I reset the gas control valve (see attached pic) the furnace ignites and blower runs fine for about a day. Then about a day later, the blower continues to run, the thermostat clicks when it reaches the desired temp. When I take cover off, there is no flame, the blower is running. I try to turn the thermostat to OFF, blower still runs. The furnace never ignites until I do the reset (disconnect power, flip the gas control valve from on to off, then back to on, reconnect power).

I hope I explained this clearly.

Attachment 43189

Attachment 43190

Attachment 43191
Did you check for a fault code on main circuit board?

as Ben stated it could be off on the high limit or it could be in a lock out state due to a dirty flame sensor, the blower is running because there was a call for heat, it does not know that the cycle never fully initialized. flame sensor is a steel rod on left side of burner rack, remove it clean it with steel wool, Emory cloth or fine sand paper.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyrider

Did you check for a fault code on main circuit board?

as Ben stated it could be off on the high limit or it could be in a lock out state due to a dirty flame sensor, the blower is running because there was a call for heat, it does not know that the cycle never fully initialized. flame sensor is a steel rod on left side of burner rack, remove it clean it with steel wool, Emory cloth or fine sand paper.
I just found out where to look for fault code. So waiting for it to fail again.

Thanks for all the advice!
BayouDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
I'm Your Huckleberry

Not that it matters but your unit will fail inspection and is unsafe as is. You have a gas flex line going directly into the furnace, it is supposed to be steel pipe from the gas valve (inside furnace) through the furnace and flex connected outside.

Serious fire hazard. Flex lines go kabOom!!
ben's plumbing (12-29-2011)