LSC 50 Heater Mfg?? - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
JPM
Bill Traver

Rewards Points: 81

LSC 50 Heater mfg??

I have an old partially in-wall stand up gas heater for an apt I own. The only identifying mark is on the outside .. LSC 50 ... I need to rteplace the blower switch. I took out it out but it is so old there are no longer any markings as to what temp it is?!? Can anyone assist? Also thinking of replacing the low and high temp switches

Advertisement

JPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,604

LSC 50 Heater mfg??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM View Post
I have an old partially in-wall stand up gas heater for an apt I own. The only identifying mark is on the outside .. LSC 50 ... I need to rteplace the blower switch. I took out it out but it is so old there are no longer any markings as to what temp it is?!? Can anyone assist? Also thinking of replacing the low and high temp switches
some pictures would help us help you..ben sr

Advertisement

ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 684

LSC 50 Heater mfg??

Why not just replce the whole thing? Just the piece of mine of less liability having them use that old a heater would be worth it.
Just the parts may cost as much as a new heater and that's if you can even find them.
joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #4
JPM
Bill Traver

Rewards Points: 81

LSC 50 Heater mfg??

The reason I do not replace is because the limit switches are relatively inexpensive and the unit is a very simple and basic thing to maintain. I have been successful with this strategy on two other units of different mfg.

I would even argue that it is fairly efficient compared to other alternatives (such as switching to a boiler or furnace with ductwork)....but then again, I am a rookie and listen carefully to comments on this site and adjust my views and actions regularly.
JPM is offline   Reply With Quote