Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Lp furnace won't reach stat temp - turns off

Just moved into a house with a 10 year old lp furnace. It's an arcoaire 4 position 9mpd two pipe model. Also have Honeywell programmable stat. I set all time periods for 72 degrees but it won't get above 66. If I set it for 80 it doesn't kick on either.

I took the top door off to check things out. It was inactive and then I see igniter glow and the gas ignites and it fires up. This lasts for about 2 minutes and the gas shuts off. 15 seconds later the igniter glows again for maybe 20 seconds and then turns off. 30 seconds later this happens again. I checked the filter and it was fairly new. I replaced it just to be sure. It's still 65 or 66 in here. Not sure if any of this points to a stat issue or furnace issue. Any ideas?

cwb124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
I'm Your Huckleberry

Rewards Points: 2,204

Lp furnace won't reach stat temp - turns off

Turn stat off and in the furnace jump the R to the w to bring on heat. See if it stays running until jumper wire is removed. Be careful, don't want to blow the fuse on the control board so leave the furnace door switch out (no power to furnace) then attach jumper wires and then hold in or tape furnace door switch down.

If no door switch then turn the breaker off, jump terminals and then turn breaker back on.