Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #1

Share |

Location of heating supply vents

Why are heating supply vents located under a window
cadebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
Hvac Pro

to keep it from fogging. actually the window and outside walls are the coldest so that is where you want the heat so you don't get the wall sweating/moisture buildup/mold growing in the corners or on the windows.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
Retired from the grind

Ever sat next to a window during the Winter or Summer? My place, the heat vents are along the inside wall, due to back in the 1930's, 1940's, they did not know about the effect of how heating works with personal comfort. I ended up placing 3m window film on my window behind our couch, because you could just feel the cold air radiating off of the glass, and these are double-pane with Storms.

Actually Yuri, if you are getting moisture on the window, that would be due to the house being too tight. The fogging can be a mixture of partial air loss, and too much humidity along with the temp being just right. Even with our storms closed, and the 3m window film, you can see the storm windows fogging, due to the trapped air between the house windows, and the storms. The trapped air temp is just right, but the windows are not fogging, due to to there is no air loss and the humidity in the house is 58, and temp is 68.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!
: So what'll happen?
: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?

Last edited by gregzoll; 11-27-2011 at 07:32 PM.
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote