Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4
Share |
Default

Lenox inducter motor


I was hearing a louder than normal sound and it was coming from a top motor. I called a service company and they said it was the inducer motor. It's a 2002 model. Is this an easy fix for a DIY? Also how could I find the correct part number? Thanks


Last edited by Richierich777; 02-27-2013 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Model Lennox C33 50/60c-2f
Richierich777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 144
Default

Lenox inducter motor


Quote:
Originally Posted by Richierich777 View Post
I was hearing a louder than normal sound and it was coming from a top motor. I called a service company and they said it was the inducer motor. It's a 2002 model. Is this an easy fix for a DIY? Also how could I find the correct part number? Thanks
It's not too bad for a DIY. There's 4 screws that hold it in place and a screw down clamp on the outelt going to the flue. The wires connect through a plug. Remove the screws & loosen the clamp. Disconnect the wiring plug & unscrew the ground wire from the case.

Now you should be able to remove the old motor. There will I beleive be a gasket in the new motor, install it over the hole for the motor inlet in the furnace. Now from my experience with Lennox (I work at a Lennox dealer so I deal with them a lot) your new motor will come with a series of colored plastic rings to make that motor work for several different furnaces. Check your instructions to verify which color goes with your model furnace, then the ring simply pops in the inlet hole for the new motor.

Now simply put the motor back in place, resecure the screws & reconnect the flue with the hose clamp. Rescrew the ground wire, reconnect the power plug & you're set.

As far as the part give me your full model/serial number & I'd be glad to get you the part number.

JScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JScotty For This Useful Post:
Richierich777 (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
Hvac Pro
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 9,007
Default

Lenox inducter motor


Depends on how mechanically skilled you are. Sounds like a mid efficiency furnace, probably a G50 if he says 'top' motor as the highs are down lower. Post the model # here. If it is a G50 or G41 they are not easy to change unless you have good mech skills. several gaskets and an orifice plate need to be but together at once and removing the adaptor to the vent pipe can be difficult so beware.
__________________
"Cut it twice and it is still too short".
yuri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #4
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Lenox inducter motor


Quote:
Originally Posted by JScotty View Post
It's not too bad for a DIY. There's 4 screws that hold it in place and a screw down clamp on the outelt going to the flue. The wires connect through a plug. Remove the screws & loosen the clamp. Disconnect the wiring plug & unscrew the ground wire from the case.

Now you should be able to remove the old motor. There will I beleive be a gasket in the new motor, install it over the hole for the motor inlet in the furnace. Now from my experience with Lennox (I work at a Lennox dealer so I deal with them a lot) your new motor will come with a series of colored plastic rings to make that motor work for several different furnaces. Check your instructions to verify which color goes with your model furnace, then the ring simply pops in the inlet hole for the new motor.

Now simply put the motor back in place, resecure the screws & reconnect the flue with the hose clamp. Rescrew the ground wire, reconnect the power plug & you're set.

As far as the part give me your full model/serial number & I'd be glad to get you the part number.
Lennox PLB 91476 serial number SAX2LKDR
Lennox C33-50/60c-2F serial number 6002L48815
Richierich777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 144
Default

Lenox inducter motor


Quote:
Originally Posted by Richierich777 View Post
Lennox PLB 91476 serial number SAX2LKDR
Lennox C33-50/60c-2F serial number 6002L48815
Those numbers don't seem right. The C33 is your coil, the numbers you list for your furnace don't show as good numbers on Lennox's website. Usually lennox gas furnaces model numbers are G then a number like yuri mentioned above. The serial numbers should be numbers in the first four spaces. The first 2 numbers are the code of the factory the unit was made, the 3rd & 4th numbers are then year the unit was manufactured.

So your serial number should start something like 5902 assuming it is an '02 unit and it was made in the Iowa factory (most in my area are, yours may be different)
JScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JScotty For This Useful Post:
Richierich777 (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Lenox inducter motor


C33-50/60c-2f

Last edited by Richierich777; 02-27-2013 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Lennox Dallas Texas merit series g40-60c-110-04
Richierich777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Lenox inducter motor


Got it G40UH-60C-110-04.
Richierich777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #8
Hvac Pro
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 9,007
Default

Lenox inducter motor


you say it is a G40 in your reason to edit statement. same as the G50 I mentioned earlier. mid efficiency furnace and not that easy to change the ventor/exhaust fan but Good Luck.

cozyparts.com for Lennox parts
__________________
"Cut it twice and it is still too short".
yuri is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yuri For This Useful Post:
Richierich777 (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 144
Default

Lenox inducter motor


Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri View Post
you say it is a G40 in your reason to edit statement. same as the G50 I mentioned earlier. mid efficiency furnace and not that easy to change the ventor/exhaust fan but Good Luck.

cozyparts.com for Lennox parts
After looking up the parts I find this note attached to the needed part.

Quote:
G40UH/G50UH Refer to Service and Application Note H-06-4 for further details. For repair parts on G40/50UH -14 and earlier, a new side port inducer has been developed. For replacement select 24W95 replacement CAI kit along with the proper pressure switch. Select the proper pressure switch by verifying elevation. Once converted to the new side-port design, please select individual part needed. *Select 24W97 for 0 - 7500 ft *Select 56L32 for 7501 - 10,000 ft
That tells me this motor will need some converting, so yeah this seems like it isn't going to be as easy as most inducer motors as yuri said. But it looks like you need a 24W95 inducer replacement kit as well as either a 24W97 or 56L32 pressure switch depending on your elevation.

And as yuri said good luck & read your directions carefully if you decide to tackle this.

JScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JScotty For This Useful Post:
Richierich777 (02-27-2013)
Reply

Tags
lenox inducer motor


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to replace condensor fan motor? twags HVAC 43 07-22-2013 08:09 PM
Please HELP wiring 240v motor for forward and reverse on boat lift mikeyce Electrical 6 10-16-2012 01:27 AM
Condenser Fan Motor stopping after 10-15 minutes, but will restart justplumducky HVAC 14 07-14-2012 02:36 PM
Old Rheem Air Blower Motor Wiring Problem CompoundNetwork HVAC 3 11-20-2011 03:51 PM
Replacing a Condenser Fan Motor thothtp HVAC 5 06-08-2008 06:30 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.