Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #1

Share |

Lennox WP18 Humidifier w/ Pro1 IAQ Humidistat

Furnace - Lennox 2 speed G60
Humidifier - Lennox Healthy Climate WS18
Thermostat/Humidistat - PRO1 IAG T955 WH

I just had the humidifier installed, and the installer also put in a manual humidistat. The humidifier will only activate if there is a call for heat.

My goal is to wire the humidifer to my Thermostat/Humidistat such that when there is a call for humidity, it will activate the furnace blower and activate the humidifier.

So I bought a 24 VAC relay and wired the H and C terminals (of the thermostat) to the "coil" side of the relay. The other 2 terminal of the relay got wired to the humidifier.

When I did this, the furnace blower would turn on when there is a call for humidity, however humidifer fan would not activate.

I had a Honeywell Truesteam humidifer and used the same wiring configuation and it worked fine. I am just not sure why this will not work correctly. I can say that the relay I'm using is brand new and I checked the voltage going into the relay and there is 28 volts going into the relay (according to my volt meter).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
species8472 is offline   Reply With Quote