Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #1

Share |

Lennox warranty

Anyone know where I can find a list of warranty covered parts for an Elite series G50UH-60d-135-16 furnace?
Just had a control board and the transformer replaced in my son's 2 year old unit and would like to know if these are covered under warranty.
I looked on Lennox's web site and found that there's a 5 year warranty on some parts, but there's no list.
Company who put it in originally serviced it and the service guy didn't know and the office didn't know
They were going to "check". This is after the unit was serviced a month age, on 9/22/11.

Last edited by Ron6519; 10-23-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #2

Lennox warranty

Did your service company try the parts counter at their local Lennox supplier?

hvac benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
Retired from the grind

Lennox warranty

I had no problem finding the warranty info. http://www.lennox.com/support/warranty.asp

I would say that anything that is listed under "parts" that is not the heat exchanger is going to be under their basic 5 year, or like most manufacturers, 90 days after purchase.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?

Last edited by gregzoll; 10-23-2011 at 04:15 PM.
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:45 PM   #4
An old Tradesmen

Lennox warranty

It has a 5 year part warranty, so those parts are covered under it. but not the labor.
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
I'm Your Huckleberry

Lennox warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzoll View Post
I had no problem finding the warranty info. http://www.lennox.com/support/warranty.asp

I would say that anything that is listed under "parts" that is not the heat exchanger is going to be under their basic 5 year, or like most manufacturers, 90 days after purchase.

Never heard of a 90 day warranty on new equipment.
Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #6
Retired from the grind

Lennox warranty

Doc, anything now days comes with 90 days warranty. I look at warranties as stated in the movie Tommy Boy.

"Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing]
Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of ****. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you."
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
The Following User Says Thank You to gregzoll For This Useful Post:
Ron6519 (10-23-2011)
Old 10-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #7
I'm Your Huckleberry

Lennox warranty

I mean on new pieces of equipment such a furnace or a condensing unit. They are all five years minimum. One year parts on a new compressor, etc., etc.
Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:09 PM   #8
Retired from the grind

Lennox warranty

My a/c is 90 days on the electrical parts, compressor is 5, fins are 1. I look at it this way. Unless something is specifically stated in a warranty, I look at it being 90 day coverage only.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #9

Lennox warranty

Try and get lenox parts if you ain't a dealer.
bobelectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #10

Lennox warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvac benny View Post
Did your service company try the parts counter at their local Lennox supplier?
The tech picked up the board at a Lennox dealer. The transformer at Blackman plumbing.
The repair company came after me with a bill for parts and labor.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #11
Retired from the grind

Lennox warranty

Bob, I can since I have connections.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #12

Lennox warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobelectric View Post
Try and get lenox parts if you ain't a dealer.
The tech called the Lennox tech support 3 times. He had to go through a screening process, each time, before they'd even speak about the furnace.