Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #1

Share |

Lennox Icomfort Thermostat and Humidity

I recently had a new Lennox Central Air Conditioning System Installed. It has the XC-21-048 Compressor and CBX32MV048 Air Handler with an Icomfort Touch Thermostat. I was originally told before I bought it that not only could I control Cooling but also Humidity. Now that it is installed I can see on the thermostat the Humidity Level but it does not seem like it calls for the compressor when the humidity rises above the set range. My sales person has told me it should. One installer told me no. And right now I am waiting for the Supervisor of the installation to call me. I see in the installers manual on p 14 that they talk about "Dehumidifation Modes" without external devices installed and one the Precision Mode where the cooling demand may or may not be present. Which soulds to me like it should call for dehumification/cooling even if cooloing is not needed. I was going to go into the installers menu but not sure if I want to do that yet.
Does anyone know if this configuration of equipment should dehumidify as well as cool? Also I have been told this thermostat is wi fi capable, is not, someday will be once lennox comes up with a gateway? Any ideas.

wrabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

Duhimidifying is basically turning on the heat as the same time that the a/c is running. Not really efficient.

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #3

The sales person is correct. It dehumidifies by lowering the blower speed while running the AC on second stage. Basic mode does only that, precision mode also over cools by 2 degrees if need be. Simple set up change in the installers menu and you're good to go. And no it doesn't bring on the heat to dehumidify.
Marty S. is offline   Reply With Quote