Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #1

Share |

Lennox G43UF leak under air inducer

I am looking for advice regarding leak under combustion air inducer. Unit is Lennox G43UF-36B-070-06. I moved to house recently to find that there is leak. Previous owner did not bother to fix that while it was under warranty... I cleaned condensate trap with bleach. No pipes are clogged since I checked each of them. Trap is installed properly on the same side as exhaust pipe. Trap is not broken. System operates normal. I tried to tighten (barely turned) bottom screw but since it was rusty (because of leak) it just snapped . I manged to install some solution and now I am sure it is tight. The only way it does not leak if I remove plug (other side) from pipe that goes from inducer and put my own pipe to the drain system. I was thinking to buy new condensate trap and if I am not wrong part number is 61M35. Some forum mentioned that if trap box is ok problem could be broken heat exchanger. I would like to hear comments. Where is good place to order condensate trap that would ship to Canada. Thanks.
spricer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:35 PM   #2

do you wish to get advice from a North American technician or may we Connect you to our India Technical Department?

Last edited by hvaclover; 10-08-2010 at 06:24 PM.
hvaclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
do you wish to get advice from a North American technician or my we Connect you to our India Technical Department?
I thought you have department in Korea? This India department must be new...
If they can provide such quality answer like you than better not
Old 10-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #4

I don't speak Lennox. Couple guys here are dealers. Should be along soon since the bar is closing early today.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #5

Yep, long weekend coming , cheers ...
Old 10-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #6
Hvac Pro

Post some closeup pics of where the leak is. Put your finger on it in the pic. The piece where the trap attaches to may have a hairline crack.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #7

Here are the pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/mileek/Furnace#
Only thing I noticed is that there are no O-rings mentioned here:
http://www.cozyparts.com/lennox-part...roductID=61M35
Will inspect part that trap attaches to...
Thanks.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #8
Hvac Pro

The furnace will not run properly w/o a trap. It comes with new o-rings. Somebody replaced the ventor fan and buggered up the gasket behind it. The slotted screw under it is not Lennox factory type. That gasket comes with a new ventor fan. Not sure if you can get it separately.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:56 PM   #9

As I noted in first post I had to replace that screw under since snapped when I tried to tightened it. Could be that gasket is bad. I know it is glued to plastic box behind inducer fan.
Again it will not leak if I put trap in place and plastic pipe on to another side. Picture shows one of my tests to see if it will leak. With just trap I can hear inducer fan moves water inside and if I put pipe as I mentioned earlier then sound is clear as fan should have.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #10
Hvac Pro

That gasket is soft foam and easily damaged. If you over tighten the screw to that fan and collector box where it attaches you can EASILY crack the collector box. If you overtighten the screws from the trap to the trap adaptor you can EASILY crack that fitting. The trap needs to back up some water inside the collector box or the pressure switch will start tripping. That is why it is called a trap. You can hear water moving in that fan as it is designed to sling a bit of water.