Hello everyone. I need a little help. I'm having problems with a Lennox Superior gas fireplace that was installed in our home about 4 1/2 years ago.
The fireplace is controlled by a standard wall switch. The pilot light is fine and remains lit. At first, I was having problems starting the fireplace when I turned on the wall switch. Sometimes I would need to flip the switch on and off several times before the fireplace would ignite. The problem has become slowly worse and today the fireplace mysteriously cut off after it had been operating for about 20 minutes or so.
I've read that sometime the wall switch can build up an electrical resistance and may need to be changed. However, I do hear a faint click in the fireplace when I turn on the wall switch. I've also read that I may need to sand soot off of the thermocouple, but I have no idea what that looks like or where it's located. Any help is greatly appreciated.