DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

The last 6 inches of drain line

663 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Habeed 
#1 ·
I'm about to start on my mini split install. One question : what do I do with the drain hose? I mean, I know it needs to go outside, but the hose that comes with the kit is this fairly cheap stuff (which is ok I guess) and I'm reluctant to just leave it flopping loose outside. There must be some kind of hard plastic 6 inch tube it goes onto that I can clip to the side of my mini split, with the tube hanging an inch below, or something. Something rugged that can survive outdoors outside the bundle of refrigerant lines and wiring.

#3 ·
I use hard 3/4" PVC drain down the wall to wherever you want to terminate. The included drain gets shoved into the pvc and secured. (vertical only) For more horizontal runs, I cut the end off and use 1/2 and gear clamps. (2 or 3)

I have just "let it dangle" outside before, only securing it with clips. It works fine when you have the slope.

Lol... What innuendo....

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.