Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-26-2012, 06:54 AM   #1

Share |

kanhai

i have a evap coil 15 ton is chilled water system my supply is 35 and my return is 65 why do i get a high head should i punch the lines to see if it dirty ur is my mixing valve is the problem

Last edited by kanhai; 08-26-2012 at 08:25 PM.
kanhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #2

kanhai

35/65 is the air temp going thru the coil? hi head might be a dirty condenser is that air cooled or water cooled....grab that Liquid Line if either is fouled the LL will be hot that is causing that high head..what freon and unit ....brand and style chiller is it.that 35F is pretty cold and near freezing why is it so cold entering the coil...40-45 is typical on commercial chillers

biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
An old Tradesmen

kanhai

Low water flow through that coil, or else you have 8,000 CFM going through it instead of 6,000 CFM. What kind of flow control do you have on it.
beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #4

kanhai

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles View Post
35/65 is the air temp going thru the coil? hi head might be a dirty condenser is that air cooled or water cooled....grab that Liquid Line if either is fouled the LL will be hot that is causing that high head..what freon and unit ....brand and style chiller is it.that 35F is pretty cold and near freezing why is it so cold entering the coil...40-45 is typical on commercial chillers
should i punch the lines to see if it dirtyi have a mixing valve it open all the way
kanhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:58 PM   #5

kanhai

so the condenser is water cooled from the city water with the reg? or a tower if the LL is hot tubes might be slimed up..simple tube brush them will solve the hi head.i'm going with no work has been done on unit charging guages on and off...thinking air might of been sent into freon lines....what freon are you running?
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote