Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-14-2011, 10:30 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Janitrol GMP100-3 Inducer Motor Issue?

When I turn on the heat, the inducer blower goes on, then off, then on, and will sometimes eventually stay on. Once the inducer motor stays on for long enough, the coil will light up and iginite the furnace, and it will stay lit. Other times, the inducer blower will not stay on long enough and the whole process will eventually stop. The indicator light never blinks, and when the inducer blower cuts out, there's a steady low volume beep from the circuit board area. Any ideas?

humdinger0102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #2

1. Check the hose for a small leak and or use a paper clip to clean out the nipple/oriface where the tube plugs onto the inducer housing ( don't use apaper clip on the pressure switch as you might puncture the diaphram that sucks closed)
2. Bad connection on the inducer motor (2 wire plug on)
3. Pressure switch, although it would be a bit unusual for it to work sometimes and not others, unless it was popping open in which case it would likely do in the middle of the cycle
4. Circuit board ( the fan relay for the inducer motor is here) but would be unusual to work then not work
5. Bad Inducer motor, but again off & on doesn't fit

Poppyloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:40 PM   #3

Thanks for responding.

So you're talking about the small rubber hose that runs from the inducer motor to the pressure switch, right? I inspected that and it looks good, but I haven't taken it off yet and seen if it was all clear. I also checked the connections and they seem fine.

I was looking around the forum a bit and saw people with similar problems, but not identical, and the advice was to clean the flame sensor. I did this and it seems to have fixed the problem, but this surprised me because I thought that would only apply after the gas opens and the sensor wasn't clean enough to sense the heat from the flames. Our cat litter box is right next to our furnace and creates a lot of dust, so I don't know if that's a cause of the issue or not. After reading this forum, I'm definitely going to move it somewhere else. Now that I think about it, I can't believe we ever put it there.
humdinger0102 is offline   Reply With Quote