Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to ssporty21228 Send a message via Yahoo to ssporty21228
Share |

Its me again HOT in Houston

I was wondering if anybody could tell me how much a temperature difference should be from a supply register thats closest to the evaporator coil and a supply register farthest from the evaporator coil. This is a 1600 sq. ft. house (closest register approx. 2 ft. from coil, farthest register approx. 20 ft. from coil).

Also, can anyone give me some insight to how much of a difference in temperature there could be between a dirty fan blower and a clean fan blower (you know the squirrel cage type that blows across the evaporator coil)....? And is there a particular cleaner that can be used to clean the fan blades or do you just have to use old fashion elbow grease...? Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance!

Oh, can anyone tell me how much of a temperature difference one can get if I use a commercial grade coil cleaner on my condenser that's never been cleaned...? Once again, any answers to my questions will be greatly appreciated...!

ssporty21228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:50 PM   #2

your split should be 18F give or take thats return air minus the discharge air before the first register just after the coil in the unit,the air might be weaker as it gets down to the further registers but the temperature should still be in the teens just the force lessens.the suirrel cage can be slid out and take outside srayed with fantastic type spray claner and hose the squirrel(lightly) watch the motor if you place the fan section on the round part and hold it from rockin just wah the fan blade side and tip the water out.if you think the motor got wet leave it out in that sun it will dry out give it a coule of shots of oil if it takes some.the condenser get the same fantastic and just pour it down the coil from the top(if your ambitious remove the top of the condenser and pour it all around let it set and hose the condenser from the inside out(disconnect off)light spray don't need to blast it(migt bend fins)HD might have stuff more active then fantastic or check your local GRAINGER supply they sell to homeowners and list cleaners on their website..if the squirrels are packed withb dust dirt might want to do a visuale on that A coil above the fan section with a mirror/light it might be covered with dirt(resticts air bigtime)

biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:07 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to ssporty21228 Send a message via Yahoo to ssporty21228

thanks for the response, I'm definitely gonna take your advice!
ssporty21228 is offline   Reply With Quote