Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-02-2007, 09:16 PM   #1

Share |
Unhappy

Install Fasco Inducer Model A242

Hi Gang,
I need to install a Fasco Inducer on a high-efficiency Rheem furnace.

Funny story, the old one got rats in it during the summer. Thought they were only in the PVC exhaust and condensation pipe which I replaced. I discovered them because the house smelled terrible.
Anyway, some made it all the way into the inducer and died and rusted it out. I couldn't figure out why the furnace wouldn't turn on, so called a serviceman who found the second batch of rats.

The furnace is a Rheem Imperial 90 plus. Probably 20 years old.

The original inducer is a Fasco no. 7021-7150. I have a replacement - Fasco model #a242, 7021-11707.

I was a little surprised when I received the replacement. I thought the original had some low voltage wires connected to it that in turn connect to a panel on the front of the furnace. Indeed there are low voltage wires still on the furnace.

However, the replacement inducer does not have a place to connect the wires. There is only a ground wire and two power wires (black and white).

Any thoughts? I can send pictures if you think they can help..
morrelld97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:40 PM   #2

Install Fasco Inducer Model A242

No thoughts yet? OK, I have pics.

In one picture you will note that there is a small rubber tube that is disconnected. There is a small tube protrubing from the inducer that it seems logical to connect this to, however the tube is too narrow to fit over it.

There are also 2 red wires (with black electrical tape covering the ends) that should be connected to something. I know there is a panel next to the inducer with 2 connectors that should have some component attached to it.

There is a 3rd wire that is totally disconnected from anything hanging there as well. Any help appreciated.
Link to pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/morrell....rFurnaceIssues

Last edited by morrelld97; 10-03-2007 at 08:00 PM. Reason: issue with getting pic attached
morrelld97 is offline   Reply With Quote