Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #1

Share |

Infinity System

Can the Remote Room Sensor SYSTXCCRRS01 be used with the infinity control to be placed in a living area if the Infinity system is not zoned?
Thanks
d

dbmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:23 AM   #2

Infinity System

I am not sure I understand what the point would be? What is it you are trying to accomplish?

If it is your goal to use an indoor temp from another room rather than the temp at the stat location, you can use a simple remote temperature sensor wired back to the stat.

If you want to be able to adjust the set temp in another room, I would just move the main stat to that location.

If you want the Remote Room Sensor SYSTXCCRRS01 to work in parallel with your main stat (either non-zoned or zoned), I would guess that would not work, but I am not sure.

Again, what is your goal and which main stat do you have, the zoned or non-zoned version?

civiltoatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #3

Infinity System

Just trying to measure temp in a Living area. I have this thermostat Systxbbuid01-c non-zoned
D

Quote:
Originally Posted by civiltoatee View Post
I am not sure I understand what the point would be? What is it you are trying to accomplish?

If it is your goal to use an indoor temp from another room rather than the temp at the stat location, you can use a simple remote temperature sensor wired back to the stat.

If you want to be able to adjust the set temp in another room, I would just move the main stat to that location.

If you want the Remote Room Sensor SYSTXCCRRS01 to work in parallel with your main stat (either non-zoned or zoned), I would guess that would not work, but I am not sure.

Again, what is your goal and which main stat do you have, the zoned or non-zoned version?

Last edited by dbmet; 06-29-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #4

Infinity System

If all you want is to get the temp in the room, why not just use a thermometer? Why do you want it connected to the stat is some way?
Old 06-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #5

Infinity System

Sorry I typed that from the phone and didn't finish typing..
I actually want the stat to read the temp in that room and control the temp from that sensor..
Old 06-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #6

Infinity System

Well, you will have to run more wire to add the second controller anyway, so why not just move the stat you have to that room? I apologize, but it doesn't seem like I am seeing the "big picture" you have in mind.