I had a new inducer motor installed on my furnace a few months back. I am now getting a burning smell when the furnace runs. I was told that it could possibly be the silicone that was used to seal the gasket. Could this be correct and if so will the buring smell go away?
Burning smells can be dangerous. May have a cracked or blocked heat exchanger or flame rollout from the burners which can produce CO Carbon Monoxide. Get it checked ASAP. Don't trust your HDepot CO detector to protect you from that. They are meant for large amounts of CO like from a blocked chimney etc.
"Cut it twice and it is still too short".
This is my first winter in the house. I am in the process of trying to get an entire home efficiency audit done because the house is not retaining heat. The furnace is continually going of so they sent over one of their HVAC techs. He is the one who stated it is probably the silicone.