Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #1

Share |

ICP Heat pump blower speed help

I am a homeowner with a ICP (TempStar) PH348 multi stage heat pump who just figured out that it was installed badly 7 years ago (second stage compressor would never come on due to inadequate thermostat and tied off wires). While fixing this problem I noticed that the blower speed may also not be set up correctly for this unit, but am looking for advice.

The blower is currently set up with Red wire (Heating) on Speed Tap 2 and Black Wire (High Stage Cooling) on Speed Tap 3. The manual seems to suggest that "Hi" should be 3 and "Lo" should be 2 for rated airflow, but does not mention what "Heating" should be connected to . There is no sign of the Violet wire in the unit.

The manual goes on to talk about "using same speed for heating and high stage cooling" and "using same speed for heating and low stage cooling" with jumpers.

How should I go about making sure I have a good starting point for this unit/setup? After 7 years of use I am concerned that the second stage compressor has never been activated and that the blower may also be incorrectly set up. Every winter during very cold spells we've wondered why the house is colder than expected and now have part of the reason why, but I'm hunting down the last piece of the puzzle. Any help is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Jim L

jplockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
REP

ICP Heat pump blower speed help

I am not familiar with Heil products and don't know just how they change blower speeds on the multi stage units.
Normally the low speed would be for heating and high speed for cooling.
There should be a wiring diagram on the inside of one og the pannels of the unit itself if you don't have the install instructions.

REP is offline   Reply With Quote