I Want To Move My A/c About 4 Feet From The House, Can I Run The Copper Fittings That Far Or Will It Effect The Ac Performance? - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-09-2011, 11:16 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

i want to move my a/c about 4 feet from the house, can i run the copper fittings that far or will it effect the ac performance?

i want to move my a/c about 4 feet from the house, can i run the copper fittings that far or will it effect the ac performance? I plan on pooring cement over the coper later on

Advertisement

monello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
30 year tech

Rewards Points: 250

i want to move my a/c about 4 feet from the house, can i run the copper fittings that far or will it effect the ac performance?

A/C lines can be moved that far if done properly but it is never a good idea to bury them.

Advertisement

hvac122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by monello View Post
i want to move my a/c about 4 feet from the house, can i run the copper fittings that far or will it effect the ac performance? I plan on pooring cement over the coper later on
That could be very expensive If it is an old unit and the noise is your real concern call a good qualified heating and cooling company and let them tell 'you

the real cost$$$$ of a newer quieter unit.
robut
robut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:37 AM   #4
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 4,734

Concrete and copper don't get along well. So you have to sleeve the line set if your going to pour concrete over them.
beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote