Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-30-2009, 11:42 PM   #1
Still Learning

Share |

I need an ignition control module

Hi guys, I repaired an old rheem 80% upflow unit. The heat exchanger was in good shape and all I had to do was replace the fan center. We stuck it in at my church cause the finances there are tight. We were hoping that the unit would get us through the cold season so we could save the money to get a new system but there was a leak in the roof and the ignition control module got wet. Now the unit is wigging out. After the pilot comes on the spark ignitor keeps sparking. I know that the flame sensor is good. The spark igniter keeps going for a minute or two then stops and you hear the gas valve open, but then the spark ignitor starts up again. then it stopps and the main burners come on. It is like the unit is having a seizure.lol. Anyways I was hoping that someone out there has done a changeout recently and can pluck an ignition control module off of a unit that is going in the trash. We just need to get through the cold season and we dont want to buy a new ICM because the unit is going in the trash by next year anyways. If you can help please respond. The model number for the one I have now is SP715a I believe. Thanks for your time.

thehvacguy is offline   Reply With Quote