Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #1

I need help

4 Flashes Open temperature limit circuit

Ii have a Trane furnace module #VT2024/33 and it is flashing 4 times. What do I do?

TYLEVY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
I'm Your Huckleberry

Rewards Points: 2,204

I need help

Limit switches "open" when a furnace has overheated. Do you have a meter you can test the switches with? You'd need it to perform continuity or ohms.

Other than that you can trace down each limit switch and bypass each one individually to see which one has tripped but than, if the switch doesn't reset itself, buy and install a new one.

You never want to leave a limit switch bypassed, it's a safety feature which protects you and your home from a potential furnace induced house fire.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

I need help

The first thing to check is your furnace filter, if it not allowing enough air through your furnace will heat up and the high limit switch will open shutting down the furnace. If your filter is fine, then your coils could be dirty, not allowing enough air flow through, and again shutting down the furnace. They will need to be cleaned.
rick31797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 150

I need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
Limit switches "open" when a furnace has overheated. Do you have a meter you can test the switches with? You'd need it to perform continuity or ohms.

Other than that you can trace down each limit switch and bypass each one individually to see which one has tripped but than, if the switch doesn't reset itself, buy and install a new one.

You never want to leave a limit switch bypassed, it's a safety feature which protects you and your home from a potential furnace induced house fire.
Hey Doc

Must of the time when a hvac part does not have resistance (ohms) then that means that part is bad? Like example a fan motor.
kilosos2 is offline   Reply With Quote