HVAC System Down? - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

HVAC system down?

Well a few days ago my digital thermostat went completely blank. I installed a new one today but my heating/AC still will not work.

I have a Bryant model # 383KAV036070 system and a honeywell thermostat. I tried turning the off/on switch on the unit but that didn't do anything.

Kinda clueless here!

Advertisement

dutchmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:43 PM   #2
Thoroughbred Mopar Man

Rewards Points: 500

HVAC system down?

Hi dutchmaster

You got kind of a loaded one here. When you turn the thermostat to heat or off does the house blower run continually. If the answer to this is yes, you have a limit open. If the draft inducer runs continuously you have a pressure switch stuck shut. If it works like it normally did but fails to ignite, you could have a ignitor burned out. If you have had high wind when the problem started it probably is the flue draft limit. This limit will be on the flue side of the inducer, will be tan in color and will have two red wires on it. There will be a small button between the red wires, push on it and see if it clicks. If it does the furnace should come on and run. However if it trips again you could have an unsafe flue problem, if this proves to be the case. Have your furnace serviced by a pro to correct the actual problem.

Good luck
Rusty

Advertisement

Old 12-03-2008, 05:30 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000

HVAC system down?

There should be ~24vac between at least two of the thermo terminals. If not, it could be the 24vac xformer inside the furnace is kaput.
Yoyizit is offline   Reply With Quote