Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #1

Share |

hvac plenum connectors elbows tees ect...

I have a typical trane xe90 furnace ac unit and 8t is layer out exactly like the picture the thing is my floor joist are running the opposite of the picture is there a connection that I can make with a new plenum that will change the direction without turning the furnace.
Attached Thumbnails
hvac plenum connectors elbows tees ect...-basic-duct-layout.jpg  

dunngee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Change the direction of what.

dunngee (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 12:48 AM   #3
Experienced HVAC Tech

What is the end result u are looking for?
HVAC1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HVAC1000 For This Useful Post:
dunngee (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 06:54 AM   #4

To run the air and returns inside the floor joist cavity's. Im in indiana and im pretty much redoing this whole house this picture I hope will show you how its laid out the house sets on a west to east front of the house west back is east its 32' wide by 36' deep
its a full basement story and a half with the basement divided into 3 sections block walls run the width of the house with the furnace in the center section and the back of the furnace is facing the street or west the main trunk lines are running west and east and go over the block walls into the putter sections of the basement the lines start out as 12x12" square once over the wall it goes to 8x8" and the the branches feed off of there in various places air and return. Its also been setup where the return grills are on the outside walls under the windows instead of the air. Just to give you alittle background I've been a union carpenter for almost 25 years and I have a good basic understanding of construction I've been out of the residential side of it for a very long time,metal stud and drywall drop ceilings doors ext.. hospitals and schools, the picture I first posted is exactly how my system seems tobe setup its just turned 90 degrees tot he floor joist.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:06 AM   #5

This is the basement layout hopefully you can see what's going on in this drawing basically I think this system was designed to match what was already there this house was built in 1941 and I've owned it for about two months haven't even moved into it yet. Was just going to do a few things before moving my family in and a little project always seems to turn into a huge one, but better now then later. Thank you guys for helping me I know I can help others in other areas of constructions.
Attached Images

Last edited by dunngee; 11-06-2013 at 07:17 AM. Reason: the attachment wasnt added