Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-31-2011, 11:36 AM   #1

Share |

HVAC Lennox G61MVP

My new furnace takes a significantly long time, 4 hrs, to raise 12 degrees. It is a dual stage and I feel that the second stage is not kicking in. The dip switches are all set in the factory position. My house is not huge and the furnace was sized correctly. I am wondering if there are other dip switches that should be moved to increase the efficeincy of my new furnace

JLEIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:05 PM   #2

HVAC Lennox G61MVP

Factory setting is for a two stage thermostat so if you have a single stage stat it only calls for low fire. I believe that's dip switch #1, check the manual to be sure.

Marty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:31 PM   #3
Hvac Pro

HVAC Lennox G61MVP

take the lower door off and see if there is a wire attached to the W2 terminal. if not then the dip switch needs to be changed so the board sees a 1 stage tstat or call the installer back and have him do it.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:52 PM   #4

HVAC Lennox G61MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLEIF View Post
My new furnace takes a significantly long time, 4 hrs, to raise 12 degrees. It is a dual stage and I feel that the second stage is not kicking in. The dip switches are all set in the factory position. My house is not huge and the furnace was sized correctly. I am wondering if there are other dip switches that should be moved to increase the efficeincy of my new furnace
BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING......how new is new? working on this unit while its still in the first year warranty could void your over all warranty..........if its less then 1 year old, call the installing contractor back out....this should be a free call.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote