Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-19-2008, 07:35 PM   #1

Share |

hvac

my c/a stop blowing hot air althe sudden tonight and it i have a new born baby at home its cold in home its blow the hot air for about 10 munit than stops blowing hot air but keep blowing cold air
thanks for the help
check tstat and outside unit and inside unit all seems working fine i dont no what i am missing wife was teling me she smells something borning last night and she was saying she can smell it air from the vent

dogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:53 PM   #2

hvac

need a better explanation what type of heat? gas, heat pump have you looked at your air filter?

kennzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:46 PM   #3

hvac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennzz05 View Post
need a better explanation what type of heat? gas, heat pump have you looked at your air filter?
Thanks for replay
I really dont no what kind i should be saying
Let me try to explain what i have hear inside unit and out side unit central A/C No gas
sometime out side unit fan stop runing but i can hear buzing and it takes like 5 to 10 second ( i dont no if its normal to do that or not) and when this buzing goin on i can see smoke coming out
when i turn the heat on it just work fine for a while and than it just stop blowing worm air ( it still blow the air but not worm cold air)
filter been chek i look at the inside coil and they look pretty clean to
sorry i dont no what more to say and thanks for the help
Old 11-19-2008, 09:53 PM   #4

hvac

you have a heat pump the smoke you see isnt smoke its steam and its normal (called defrost cycle) you might need to have freon checked if heat isnt what you think it should be heat pumps blow cold heat sometimes do you have a thermometer you can read the temp with it might be only 80 or 85 degrees but that is still heat. did you just move to this house and not used to heat pump? what is the temp at the thermostat (the thermometer on the tstat) heat pumps have electric backup heat and when they kick on the heat feels warm but when they go off air feels cold again so main question is what is temp in house? and what is thermostat set for?
Old 11-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #5

hvac

Thanks for replay
No we have been in this house 4 years now and we nevir have any head prablem b4 but sumer time we had a prablem with cooling and find out i have a leek on out side unit call a tec fix it and it wasnt working really good as it was b4 but it was good enough to cool the house down and of corse last cpl days its get colder hear and we star useing the head and we just notice last night we are haveing a prablem ( i am guesing than we are haveing a prablem)inside temp set up on the tstat is 68 i dont i can say its not 68 inside casue we all frezing now i got the termstat from out side to inside and see what we got i l let you now that too
its 62 inside now and i set stat 70 now to see if its gana change anything

Last edited by dogan; 11-19-2008 at 10:54 PM. Reason: more info
Old 11-19-2008, 10:58 PM   #6

hvac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogan View Post
Thanks for replay
No we have been in this house 4 years now and we nevir have any head prablem b4 but sumer time we had a prablem with cooling and find out i have a leek on out side unit call a tec fix it and it wasnt working really good as it was b4 but it was good enough to cool the house down and of corse last cpl days its get colder hear and we star useing the head and we just notice last night we are haveing a prablem ( i am guesing than we are haveing a prablem)inside temp set up on the tstat is 68 i dont i can say its not 68 inside casue we all frezing now i got the termstat from out side to inside and see what we got i l let you now that too
its 62 inside now and i set stat 70 now to see if its gana change anything

ok i think what you trying to say is you have it on emergency heat right? and it warm now. ok you should tell us you have problem b4 with leak maybe make it easy to tell you what wrong. have good luck and i think you need freon again someone should come check and fix
Old 11-19-2008, 11:05 PM   #7

hvac

Quote:
ok i think what you trying to say is you have it on emergency heat right? and it warm now. ok you should tell us you have problem b4 with leak maybe make it easy to tell you what wrong. have good luck and i think you need freon again someone should come check and fix
Sorry for not giving out enough info my bad
And i really like to thanks for the help and time you spend thanks alote
thank you so much
ohhh no its not on EM heat its on normal head i dont no is it gana make anydifrent to solve the prablem but i havent set it up on EM mode nope
Old 11-19-2008, 11:16 PM   #8

hvac

[quote=dogan;187562]Sorry for not giving out enough info my bad
And i really like to thanks for the help and time you spend thanks alote
thank you so much
ohhh no its not on EM heat its on normal head i dont no is it gana make anydifrent to solve the prablem but i havent set it up on EM mode nope[/quoteok when outside unit is on for at least ten minute feel large copper pipe at furnace with your hands (its the one that has the black rubber on it) it should be very warm depending how cold it is where you live if its above 35 degrees outside it should be very warm if it like20 degrees its not going to be very warm. if its mnot warm than the system is probably low on freon and outside unit just waste electricity and not make any heat so you should put it on emergency heat so heat will be warm and it will not blow cold and save some electricity and not cause damage to outside unit.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:51 PM   #9

hvac

The outside large pipe is so hot I cannot touch it with my hands. The smaller size pipe is warm. But if it starts to blow cold, both the pipes go cold. Is that normal or what?
Old 11-20-2008, 07:58 PM   #10

hvac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogan View Post
The outside large pipe is so hot I cannot touch it with my hands. The smaller size pipe is warm. But if it starts to blow cold, both the pipes go cold. Is that normal or what?
if it blows cold when you see "smoke" coming outside than it can be normal check your filter and indoor coil for dirt
Old 11-20-2008, 08:36 PM   #11

hvac

You are probably right no question at all
that smoking time last maybe 15 to 30 sec. but units blow cold air atlist 5 to 10 maybe 15 munits thats where its geting me all worry i am not really sure if its normal to do that ( i know it sound strange) but i am just teling you what i have seen here
i was thinking about low freon ( if its low why its working just right for a while and than its acting strange blowing cold than going back to blowing warm air again and yes filter been check and coil been check clean caoil and new filter been put it in
Do you think i should be keep useing the unit like this or just put it on em mode or not use it at all until i figure it out whats goin on ? thanks
Old 11-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #12

hvac

where do you live? and how cold outside now? and what temp in house ? sounds ok to let run but if you want warm heat all the time put on em heat and call serviceman to check unit out
Old 11-20-2008, 09:04 PM   #13

hvac

Wtf????
Old 11-20-2008, 11:17 PM   #14

hvac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
Wtf????
wondering why i said that ? cuz i see im just beating my head against the wall with him if theres an outdoor prob than he will get rid of the cold blow till someone fixes it
Old 11-20-2008, 11:36 PM   #15

hvac

Quote:
wondering why i said that ? cuz i see im just beating my head against the wall with him if theres an outdoor prob than he will get rid of the cold blow till someone fixes it
No u r cool. I just don't understand the OP's dialect.

Guy must be from canada..

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5993/27457735chimpwithtielm0.jpg]
By hvaclover

Last edited by hvaclover; 11-20-2008 at 11:42 PM.
hvaclover is offline   Reply With Quote