Humidifier With Direct Water Hookup No Furnace In The House - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Humidifier with direct water hookup no furnace in the house

I am in the process of building a new house and am looking for ways to get some humidity in the house. We will be using a fireplace and baseboard heat to heat the house so we can't hook a humidifier up to a furnace. We do not want to have to fill tanks in humidifiers either since we are not always around. I have seen in the past where there are console humidifiers that can be hooked directly up to a water line - similar to an ice maker. However I can not locate any on the internet now. Does anyone have any idea where I can find such an item? We know we will need at least two to get humidity throughout the 3800 sw ft house.

Advertisement

sueraney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
Hvac Pro

Rewards Points: 760

What are you going to use for fresh air and to ventilate the house and get rid of paint fumes etc? Most new homes with electric heat are too air tight and need a HRV, heat recovery ventilator to get rid of excess moisture. Do you plan to have AC in the house. You may want to install an airhandler and some ductwork. Then install a Honeywell True Steam humidifier in the ductwork.

Advertisement

Old 09-01-2010, 04:55 PM   #3

there will be no AC in the house - no need for it up in the high mountains of colorado. Fresh air will be open the windows We are trying to get away from having any duct work
sueraney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 4,494

If fresh air is opening up the windows. Then there is no residential stand alone humidifier made big enough.

Where will your combustion air come from? if its a direct vent stove. The Aprilaire has both the 350 and 360 that may meet your needs.
beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 14

I am in need of a similar recommendation. I have a 750 square foot apartment heated with a radiator. I am using a console humidifier with a fill tank, and want to find a model that I can directly hook up to my water supply. Any suggestions?

Note: I have a window mount ac and no air vent to mount a humidifier to.

Last edited by meyerovb; 04-10-2011 at 10:57 AM.
meyerovb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
Gremillion Mechanical

They make a humidifier called truesteam and they can work very well for up to 3000 sq feet of home. Installation might be tricky since there is no ductwork in the home, but if you can install it on the wall and have a little bit of ductwork coming off of it to the room it will produce steam and lots of it.
Hope this helps
Brett

Advertisement

brettyg is offline   Reply With Quote