Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #1

Share |

How to remove this overhead ducting

Can anyone give me a suggestion how to go about removing a section of this duct please? There's a lot of air escaping from the upper portion of this duct so I want to cap it off. I can't figure how or what tools to use to cut out the last couple of feet before it turns upward into the 1st floor. Any help would be appreciated, Steve
Attached Thumbnails
How to remove this overhead ducting-doc-nov-7-2013-2-03-pm-p1.jpg   How to remove this overhead ducting-doc-nov-7-2013-2-03-pm-p2.jpg  

teeb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
An old Tradesmen

How to remove this overhead ducting

The 1" wide pieces of metal on the sides of the ducts are drive cleats. Bend the top and bottom straight. Grab with a pliers and pull it straight down, may have to hit the pliers with a hammer to pull them down.