DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

How to install an air conditioner in a crank window

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Plumber_BJ 
#1 ·
Really need to install an air condtioner with all the heatwaves we get nowadays. Just bought a small air conditioner 6000 BTU just to get some relief but how do I go about installing it in a crank window?

#3 ·
We use a portable a/c for maybe 1 week max a year in Vancouver. My crank window is opened, a dresser is moved under it, (plus a couple of telephone books to allow my $100.00 end of the season clearance window shaker to half sit on the window ledge and half sit on the dresser. A blocking panel fits around the window frame and the a/c. Not pretty but it is fast and fits our needs.

Don't know if that would work for your set up..Just saying.

#4 ·
I'm sure there's a way to do it although it might be more work than with another type of window I was just wondering if someone had done it yet and how... taking the permanent window out or the opening window with screen out. What do to? I'm handy so if I don't get any help here I'll work my way around it no worries. It raining on and off today so I won't be tackling this projet today but I'm looking for ideas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.