Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #1

Share |

How to ID Size, Seer and age?

Can anyone help ID this unit?

Thanks!

http://[IMG]http://i829.photobucket.....jpg[/IMG]

slappydan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #2

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 05-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #3

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/z...88838FBE52.jpg
Old 05-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #4

The cat # is too blurry.
bobelectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
Retired from the grind

It is right in front of you on the label.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #6
Experienced HVAC Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappydan123
Can anyone help ID this unit?

Thanks!
2 ton, I think it was made in the 90s or so ( sorry it's kinda blurry), SEER looks like 10( sorry again can't quite see)

Last edited by HVAC1000; 05-25-2013 at 01:50 PM.
HVAC1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #7
Hvac Pro

kinda looks like a 1990 24,000 BTU/2 ton York which would be a 8 or 10 SEER.

mfd date in lower right corner and 024 in model and it holds 4 lbs r22 which is normal for a 2 ton unit.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #8

Thanks everyone. This one might be more clear.

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/z...8D9EE88608.jpg
Old 05-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #9
Hvac Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri View Post
kinda looks like a 1990 24,000 BTU/2 ton York which would be a 8 or 10 SEER.

mfd date in lower right corner and 024 in model and it holds 4 lbs r22 which is normal for a 2 ton unit.
Same as B4.....
Old 05-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #10
Experienced HVAC Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappydan123
Thanks everyone. This one might be more clear.

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/z...8D9EE88608.jpg
Very nice ya look good on info
HVAC1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #11

Wow! This must be the original unit then. The house was built in 1990. It blows cold but weak. I guess it's time to go shopping. Thanks for the quick replies.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #12
Retired from the grind

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappydan123 View Post
Wow! This must be the original unit then. The house was built in 1990. It blows cold but weak. I guess it's time to go shopping. Thanks for the quick replies.
The outside unit would not be why it is weak blowing inside. When was the last time the A-Coil on top of the furnace was ever cleaned of any gunk and hair on the coils? You would be surprised at a difference it will make, once the A-Coil is cleaned, along with the outdoor coils of the fur blankets.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
Old 05-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzoll
The outside unit would not be why it is weak blowing inside. When was the last time the A-Coil on top of the furnace was ever cleaned of any gunk and hair on the coils? You would be surprised at a difference it will make, once the A-Coil is cleaned, along with the outdoor coils of the fur blankets.
Hmmm. I'm not sure Greg. We just bought the place(closing next week). I'll do a search and see if there's any info on the boards about how this is done. That'd be great if that's the problem.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #14
Retired from the grind

If the Home Inspector did not state in their documents about the condition or appearance of the A-Coil, or operation temps, etc. for the inside & outside units, call a few hvac companies to have them come look at it.

I use a one man operation for doing my hvac & plumbing stuff, same when it comes to roof or structural stuff. A whole lot cheaper than calling those with the big adverts. I have used one of the older companies in our area for root cutting for our main waste drain, due to my guy would have to rent the equipment, and would have cost me more than just calling the company I used for it.

Cleaning the coils on the outside unit, you can do yourself semi-yearly. Disconnect power at the breaker panel & the disco at the unit outside, then use a pump sprayer to soak the coils with coil cleaner, after using a brush to brush off as much of the blanket from stuff like dandelions & Cotton wood fuzz. I did not do our outdoor unit for almost a year and a half, and by the time I got to it last fall, looked like it had a flannel blanket covering the coils.

Just hosed it down with a a garden hose from the backside, then used wide spray at not a high pressure, to wash down the coils on the outside. Clean as a whistle, no coil cleaner needed. You can do the same. As for the indoor coil, call a pro to do that as I stated before, since if they need to pull the coil to do a acid clean, they have the equipment.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzoll
If the Home Inspector did not state in their documents about the condition or appearance of the A-Coil, or operation temps, etc. for the inside & outside units, call a few hvac companies to have them come look at it.

I use a one man operation for doing my hvac & plumbing stuff, same when it comes to roof or structural stuff. A whole lot cheaper than calling those with the big adverts. I have used one of the older companies in our area for root cutting for our main waste drain, due to my guy would have to rent the equipment, and would have cost me more than just calling the company I used for it.

Cleaning the coils on the outside unit, you can do yourself semi-yearly. Disconnect power at the breaker panel & the disco at the unit outside, then use a pump sprayer to soak the coils with coil cleaner, after using a brush to brush off as much of the blanket from stuff like dandelions & Cotton wood fuzz. I did not do our outdoor unit for almost a year and a half, and by the time I got to it last fall, looked like it had a flannel blanket covering the coils.

Just hosed it down with a a garden hose from the backside, then used wide spray at not a high pressure, to wash down the coils on the outside. Clean as a whistle, no coil cleaner needed. You can do the same. As for the indoor coil, call a pro to do that as I stated before, since if they need to pull the coil to do a acid clean, they have the equipment.
Great info! Thanks, Greg. The below walk through makes cleaning the inside parts easy. What do you think?

http://www.handymanhowto.com/2009/06...-coils-part-1/