Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-03-2007, 10:22 PM   #1

Share |

Hot Water System -- Cold Radiator

I am having troubles with a radiator. In the spring, I drained my system to remove radiators in my kitchen for a rehab project. I replaced them, refilled the system, bled, bled again, and bled again. At that time all of the radiators in the house were heating up.

Now that it's the fall and getting cooler, it's time to run the heat. I now have a radiator in a bedroom that will not heat up beyond just a minor amount of warming. I have bled this radiator so it seems to be full -- problem is the radiator is still cold.

Anyone have any suggestions? Could there be air or sediment or something somewhere in the system that allows the pressure to remain, but not the hot water into the radiator?

formarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:51 PM   #2

is this a steam system or hot water?

redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline View Post
is this a steam system or hot water?
Hot water.
formarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:25 PM   #4

When you bleed it do you feel air coming out?

Try bleeding the entire system. May take a few tries.

What is the PSI reading?
redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:09 AM   #5

shut the ciculator and boiler off,and bleed them starting at the top of the system is it copper,or galvinized to the boiler or a mix of piping.the city water regulator will be your pressure that your seeing on the bleed from each radiator.if your galvinized above the boiler into any of the removed radiators something might of come back down into the circulator impellar section retricting the return.its not that the circulator isn't sending the water up it is not going out of the radiators because of that piece of whatever is in front of the circulator impellar.might consider removing the circulator water side to visually see if something is in there,if all your radiators aren't getting hot the only thing common to them all is the circulator.you have the pressure when you bleed becuaase the city feed is on that side of the system feeding into the boiler and up thru the circuator(even in the off position).when the boiler is stone cold the guage pressure you see is the city water regulator set at 12LBS standard for domestic boilers...if your 100% copper on the house heating system then the impellar on the circulator has to be the problem....how about this you stored the radiators outside during rehab and a mouse climbed into the raiator during a rainy day if that was one that wasn't heating maybe....but the whole house?
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote