DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Honeywell wired and wireless?

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  beenthere 
#1 ·
I rent out the top 2 floors of my house (4 floors in total) and in the tenants' area, I already have a Honeywell thermostat that is wired and on the wall, but I don't have access to it.
I was wondering if it's possible to buy one of Honeywell's wireless systems and install that thermostat in my part of the house so I can control the temperature as well.
I'm wondering if the wired system and the wireless system can co-exist with the furnace and central air, or do I have to have two wireless thermostats.
I hope that was clear enough, any help would be great.

#2 ·
I have a honeywell prestige thermostat, with wireless remote. The options I have are to control the thermostat via the remote, and/or use the thermometer in the remote as the contolling temperature. I have not checked, but I am guessing that he who has access to the hard-wired thermostat has ultimate control, however. The tennant may be able to overrule your settings if inclined.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.