Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-31-2007, 08:36 PM   #1

Share |

Honeywell VisionPro 8000 Temperature Variation

Hello,

I'm a newer home owner (and therefore new DIYer). Recently, I upgraded my thermostat to the Honeywell (model TH8110U1003). Installation went fine, and it runs great - however - it registers the temperature 3-6 degrees cooler than every other thermometer in the house. I even placed a digital one on the top of the thermostat with the same results.

Apparently, the Honeywell uses some fuzzy logic to determine the temp - utilizing some formula of radiant and ambient heat with two sensors. The drywall is much cooler than the air, but there isn't any air transfer (no holes from the wiring, etc.).

Obviously, this can be dealt with by simply adjusting the heating triggers downward. But, it's odd to program everything -5 degrees less than actual air temp?

Any suggestions? I didn't see any calibration options in the manual. I thought about inserting a little foam pad between the wall and thermo, but that probably won't help much.

Thanks,
-hottoddy

hottoddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:08 AM   #2
Union HVAC Tech.

Do you have the programming booklet that comes with the t stat? If you go into programming there is a spot to set the display temp but, you need the pamplet to get the right code number to adjust.

bigMikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:06 AM   #3

pop the stat off and put your face up to the hole the wires come out might be catching a draft from the wall into the back of the stat?
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeB View Post
Do you have the programming booklet that comes with the t stat? If you go into programming there is a spot to set the display temp but, you need the pamplet to get the right code number to adjust.
Thanks! That helps although the maximum offset is 3 degrees. This code was not one of those in the main booklet, but I did locate it in the extra installation materials. I believe this therm supports external sensors for other parts of the house and outside. I may look into that option as well.
hottoddy is offline   Reply With Quote