Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-23-2010, 08:37 AM   #1

Share |

Honeywell Truesteam not working

Hi Everyone, I installed a 6 gallon unit on my furnace, plenty of room. hooked up the wires, and when i plugged in the unit, it shows ready light, i press go and nothing happens. whn i press drain, the unit will fill up and dump the water and go back to ready. Any ideas what went wrong?

Here is the connection:
true steam ------ trueiaq
hum hum
hum hum
24v r
24v c

thermostat g to truesteam gt
truesteam gf to furnace g
truesteam c to hvac c (no pressure switch)
truesteam r (jumped with rt) to hvac r

Thanks in advance
mariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:35 PM   #2

Same problem here. I tried jumping the 2 HUM but mine also has the same problem. I went to Amazon.com to purchase a new solenoid valve. It will arrive in a few days, and it should fix that problem. I will let you know.

http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-5002...1602919&sr=8-1
vre332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
AKA HVACTECHFW

Nothing but bad luck with those so far
The Following User Says Thank You to hvactech126 For This Useful Post:
vre332 (12-06-2010)
Old 12-06-2010, 06:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvactech126 View Post
Hi Hvactech126, are you referring to the solenoid valve or the unit itself?
vre332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:23 AM   #5

I got it to work, i connected:
trueiaq R to thermostat R
W to W
and i think G to G, i will have to check for sure, but i think thats what it was, and it started working.
mariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvactech126 View Post
I can tell you that with mine, the duct-mounted h8908 humidistat seems VERY innacurate.
matthewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusz
Hi Everyone, I installed a 6 gallon unit on my furnace, plenty of room. hooked up the wires, and when i plugged in the unit, it shows ready light, i press go and nothing happens. whn i press drain, the unit will fill up and dump the water and go back to ready. Any ideas what went wrong?

Here is the connection:
true steam ------ trueiaq
hum hum
hum hum
24v r
24v c

thermostat g to truesteam gt
truesteam gf to furnace g
truesteam c to hvac c (no pressure switch)
truesteam r (jumped with rt) to hvac r

Thanks in advance
I have found that when installing the true steam, that the best set up is to use the IAQ stat with a two wire hook up I believe that dip switch 5 should be on. Also we use the red link wireless system. We won't install any other way. I hope this was helpful

Bill
Hixheat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:23 AM   #8

Not trying to hijack but figured everyone that knows this thing might be looking here.

Bought this 1-1-09. Installed with humidistat that is came with. When installed it worked perfect for months. Kicked "ON" blower and steamed. BUT now that I need it for another year it will not do anything. Well it will do something, it will drain, and thats all. After drain it will not refill. Took tank off cleaned, put back together, power light is "ON" but nothing at all happens. I jumped at the board plug the drain and fill wires for solenoids to see if solenoid was bad but both work. So in other words I made the drain solenoid the fill and the fill solenoid the drain and pushed the drain button and it started to fill. I have contacted Honeywell that told me to contact a pro of which two that I called said they dont work on these and would not even look at it. The others I called were talking about making it out here the middle or end of January of which does not do much good. Have read on similar model where this happens and they had to replace it. I get no errors except when I make them, like unplugging wires for furnace sense or pushing the tank closed switch multiple times. I figured if the water level sensors were bad it would give a error but then again how would it know its bad if it was within resistance range. So guess thats the next thing to check but cant find the resistance specs.

Have tried jumping HUM HUM. Have tried dip switch 4 up and 5 down so it doesnt look for anything. Unplug C or R and it will give error. C & R 24 volts, actually 26.2volts. Cycle tank switch multiple times it will error.

Really need some help. We are boiling water and have 3 room humidifiers that seems we have to refill constantly. I and my wife can handle but my 14mo old is the one who suffers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and I installed this thing my self last year, with no issues. Worked fine for months.
robertguero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertguero
Not trying to hijack but figured everyone that knows this thing might be looking here.

Bought this 1-1-09. Installed with humidistat that is came with. When installed it worked perfect for months. Kicked "ON" blower and steamed. BUT now that I need it for another year it will not do anything. Well it will do something, it will drain, and thats all. After drain it will not refill. Took tank off cleaned, put back together, power light is "ON" but nothing at all happens. I jumped at the board plug the drain and fill wires for solenoids to see if solenoid was bad but both work. So in other words I made the drain solenoid the fill and the fill solenoid the drain and pushed the drain button and it started to fill. I have contacted Honeywell that told me to contact a pro of which two that I called said they dont work on these and would not even look at it. The others I called were talking about making it out here the middle or end of January of which does not do much good. Have read on similar model where this happens and they had to replace it. I get no errors except when I make them, like unplugging wires for furnace sense or pushing the tank closed switch multiple times. I figured if the water level sensors were bad it would give a error but then again how would it know its bad if it was within resistance range. So guess thats the next thing to check but cant find the resistance specs.

Have tried jumping HUM HUM. Have tried dip switch 4 up and 5 down so it doesnt look for anything. Unplug C or R and it will give error. C & R 24 volts, actually 26.2volts. Cycle tank switch multiple times it will error.

Really need some help. We are boiling water and have 3 room humidifiers that seems we have to refill constantly. I and my wife can handle but my 14mo old is the one who suffers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and I installed this thing my self last year, with no issues. Worked fine for months.
You have the first generation true steam. We installed a lot of them had to replace solenoid valve it is a double action valve. If that docent correct try to get Honeywell to replace humid under warrenty
Old 12-18-2010, 07:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertguero View Post
I jumped at the board plug the drain and fill wires for solenoids to see if solenoid was bad but both work. So in other words I made the drain solenoid the fill and the fill solenoid the drain and pushed the drain button and it started to fill
But nothing is wrong with the valve.

I will jump again to see if it will drain when its suppose to fill. Give me a few minutes
Old 12-18-2010, 08:11 AM   #11

nope just fills when suppose to drain. So both soleniods are fine.

I let is run till it totally filled the tank to the top and it started to error. It kicked it off then tried to drain of which was fill so had to plug it back into the board so it would drain. Its drained now and no errors and no fill. Only power light is "ON". I think its the board.

Last edited by robertguero; 12-18-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertguero
nope just fills when suppose to drain. So both soleniods are fine.

I let is run till it totally filled the tank to the top and it started to error. It kicked it off then tried to drain of which was fill so had to plug it back into the board so it would drain. Its drained now and no errors and no fill. Only power light is "ON". I think its the board.
U can try replacing board
Old 12-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #13

The class action law firm Halunen & Associates is investigating Honeywell Humidifiers for a possible defective product lawsuit involving TrueSTEAM humidifiers models HM506, HM509 and HM512. These models show signs of a possible defect in the heating coils and other component parts. If you have experienced any of these problems, you can share your concerns with the firm at http://consumer.halunenlaw.com/contact-us/ or call (612) 605-4098. [Advertising Material]
Matt_N is offline   Reply With Quote