Honeywell Truesteam - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Honeywell Truesteam

Hello

I had a question if someone can help me out regarding the honeywell True Steam whole house humidifers. Here is some background on the situation. My home is in Central NJ and is 2.5 years old. Sq Ft = 4600+ and I have 3 zones (main level, 2nd floor, and side greatroom) I only need to get humidification in the main level and 2nd floor. Both units are Carrier units. We try to keep the temp at 72. I have recently completed a energy audit and waiting to see how tight my house. The furnace locations are : Main level - Basement, 2nd Floor - Attic . I was told placing a humidifer in the attic is a bad idea due to freezing pipes.

My plan was to get the 12 gallon unit for downstairs and a 12 gallon for upstairs. Also on planning to get the honewell Prestige thermostats to control both humidifier and furnace and 2 Aprilaire 5000 electronic air filter.

Can a true steam be placed in a 2nd floor bathroom undersink cabinet (easy access to drain and cold water line) and using the remote steam hose (10ft)to the ductwork. I assume I would have to insulate the hose. Would this work or will it condense before reaching the ductwork? any other suggestions

The unit downstairs seams pretty easy setup. Waterline and drainage at the furnace and basement is unfinished. Anyone have anytips, suggestions on location of the unit and where the actual hole should be for the basement furnace and attic furnace. I will upload a pic as soon as i get home on the 2 systems as soon as I get home for work

Is it really that hard to install, according to the youtube video it looks straight forward. I would like to get some pointers and suggestions on anything you can think of. Let me know if you need more info

thanks

Advertisement

FalconX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 4,720

Honeywell Truesteam

Your second floor idea will work. And yes, you will need to insulate the hose.

Advertisement

beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Honeywell Truesteam

I have read that the placement for the unit I critical to prevent corrosion to the coils, for the basement furnace I have alot of open space, where would the ideal place to install the unit?
FalconX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #4
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 4,720

Honeywell Truesteam

The install instructions are fairly clear and easy to follow.
Keep it above your A/C coil. Or atleast high enough that the nozzleisn't pointed at the evap coil.
beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote