Honeywell Thermostat - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Honeywell Thermostat

I have a Honeywell TH8320up1011 Thermostat that I had in my other home...Had both gas furnace and air conditioning unit. Now I have baseboard heat and electric air conditioning. Tried several ways to wire but thermostate for the air conditioner but not successful. Have 4 wires...Only the red, green & yellow(blue) were used on existing thermostate. There is a white wire available.

Advertisement

jrbizjak11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Honeywell Thermostat

hot water baseboard? if you have a stand alonf with no zone valves then it is just adding an isolating relay down on the boiler.then wire the R and W for the heat the AC side Rc/Rh,G,Y s normal connections down into the air handler .the reson for the isolating relay is the boiler has it's own transformer so your just closing the relay to call the boiler in

Advertisement

biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 250

Honeywell Thermostat

If you're trying to wire for A/C ONLY, then you need only Red, Green and Yellow terminals on the t'stat. You wouldn't use the White terminal at all (that's the Heat load). They should be tied to your current thermostat's R, G and Y terminals. If not, then take some pictures and post them back here.
scottmcd9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #4

Honeywell Thermostat

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles View Post
hot water baseboard? if you have a stand alonf with no zone valves then it is just adding an isolating relay down on the boiler.then wire the R and W for the heat the AC side Rc/Rh,G,Y s normal connections down into the air handler .the reson for the isolating relay is the boiler has it's own transformer so your just closing the relay to call the boiler in

No, electric baseboard. Each room has seperate switch/thermo.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #5

Honeywell Thermostat

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmcd9999 View Post
If you're trying to wire for A/C ONLY, then you need only Red, Green and Yellow terminals on the t'stat. You wouldn't use the White terminal at all (that's the Heat load). They should be tied to your current thermostat's R, G and Y terminals. If not, then take some pictures and post them back here.

Honeywell tells me 4 wires are needed to work. won't give wire diagram over phone.