Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-02-2013, 06:19 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 586

Honeywell T8624D 2004 Questions

Two questions:

1.) according to the documentation, when in installer mode, it states that installer setup number 2 is not used. Unlike other numbers that this document indicates are not used, which do not show up when scrolling, the number 2 actually shows up with choices.

Anyone know what the 2 does?

2.) When we set this stat to 73, I will wake up with extrememly dry sinuses. Any thoughts?

This is a downstairs unit, and when it is extremely cold out, say 40 and below, we have a hard time, unlike the upstairs, getiing the down warm due to large open stairs to the upstairs.

So the down unit, will cycle a lot with little off time. Hence I believe why the air becomes so dry.

any thoughts?

Old 03-02-2013, 06:35 AM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 2,762

Guessing your duct work for the first floor system is in unconditioned space. Probably have a fair amount of duct leakage(10 o 15%) and its bringing in unconditioned air. So the longer it runs, the drier it gets in the house.

The Chronotherms were glitchly thermostats. The 2 does nothing. Unused setting numbers would show on some but not others.

beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:42 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
Guessing your duct work for the first floor system is in unconditioned space. Probably have a fair amount of duct leakage(10 o 15%) and its bringing in unconditioned air. So the longer it runs, the drier it gets in the house.

The Chronotherms were glitchly thermostats. The 2 does nothing. Unused setting numbers would show on some but not others.

Thanks, the flex ductwork for the first floor runs a LONG ways from the unconditioned attic, above second floor, to the first floor. Then I assume smaller duct lines via the ceiling to registers. I guess all I can check is around the plenum in the attic.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:51 AM   #4
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 2,762

Remove your registers and see if the boots/boxes are sealed to the drywall, or if there are any gaps. If there are gaps and your plates aren't sealed then air can leak in and out very freely. And this will cause you to have a very dry house, specially when the system has to run for longer periods of time.

Use an incense stick in the attic at all joints to see if they are leaking. Even the supply can leak air out at a small enough rate that you can't feel it by hand.

Any chases that the flex or trunk line uses to run up and down should be sealed around the flex/duct so that no air can freely travel up and down, and then come into the house or out of by non sealed wall receps and or switches. Next if you have any can lights, they are probably leaking a good amount of air to. unless you or the builder had air tights/low leakage ones installed.

After that, while the system is running. use n incense stick to check around your windows and doors. to see if your house is still being either pressurized or de-pressurized. And to see if the windows or doors have leaks you don't know about. Then seal any leaks at them that you find. This helps in both summer and winter.
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beenthere For This Useful Post:
digitalplumber (03-02-2013)