Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-03-2010, 11:53 AM   #1

Share |

Honeywell SV9541 showing 2-flash error

......and according to Honeywells error code chart, this 2 light flash indicates "Air Proving switch stuck closed".

This is fine......but, how/where do I get at the switch to check it, clean it, whatever.

From what I'm reading, this fault might also be cause by some sort of obstruction: anything from moisture to insects to dead birds.

Not sure how large a device we're talking here, so not sure about the dead bird......but I certainly do have tons of spiders throughout my basement, so maybe that's it. If so......where do I look to check? Is this switch visible from inside the main door of my Keeprite high efficiency furnace?

Thanks.
Mike

Bultaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
HVAC / Plumbing

If you can post a pic of the heater with the doors off. We may be able to tell you where the switch is.. You can check your vents for any obstructions

kenmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #3

Here's a pic of the furnace with the door open.

Hoping you can tell me where to inspect my "Air proving switch" or whatever.

Thanks.
Mike
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2010, 05:04 PM   #4
HVAC / Plumbing

ps is by the vent motor.With the small rubber hose .1end on the hose connectes to ps the other end connects the vent motor housing
Old 11-03-2010, 05:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmac View Post
ps is by the vent motor.With the small rubber hose .1end on the hose connectes to ps the other end connects the vent motor housing
Thanks, Kenmac.

Based on what you say.....maybe I'll just pop any little rubber hose I see off it's connector and blow them out.
I did have a helluva time with water splashing around the back of the furnace this summer (condensate hose, or whatever it's called that runs to the drain in the floor got plugged up with lint or something.) Don't imagine this is related though, do you?

I'm thinking it's those damn spiders.....just like in the gas BBQ.

I'll let you know what I find.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #6
HVAC / Plumbing

If there is any water in the vent motor housing .it may not be able to pull enough vacuum to close the ps. Make sure that the small port where the hose connects to the vent motor housing is clear. Make sure the large hose that's connected to the bottom of the vent is clear

Last edited by kenmac; 11-03-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmac View Post
If there is any water in the vent motor housing .it may not be able to pull enough vacuum to close the ps. Make sure that the small port where the hose connects to the vent motor housing is clear. Make sure the large hose that's connected to the bottom of the vent is clear
Not sure WHAT the cause of my problem was; and I say WAS, because whatever it was, it's GONE. Thank goodness.

Thanks again for all your help.

Cheers,
Michael