Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Honeywell RTH230B Thermostat Trouble

********** please ignore this post - it is now resolved *************
it seems that the fuse box tripped and that's what the problem was

Quote:
i just installed rth230b to replace the old dial version thermostat we had. This is the manual for it. http://dl.owneriq.net/3/39359643-dfd...8eecddd9fc.pdf

background: The new thermostat is actually about 3 years old (we had it installed a while ago but it seemed to be acting flaky, so we went back to the older dial/mercury version, which worked more reliably). Then when the older dial one started flaking out too, we called in an ac guy and he actually replaced a capacitor that had burned out on the ac system. The ac system started up immediately and worked. However, we never went back and reinstalled the newer programmable digital version of the thermostat...until today. It's a 4 wire hookup. I hooked up all the wires appropriately, r to rh, w to white, g to green and y to yellow. I went to the thermostat and turned it to on (not auto) and to cool. Nothing. It's not spinning up the fan. Checked and replaced the 2aa batteries and still nothing.

Am i to assume the thermostat is broken?

The other background info is that even on the dial version thermostat... I have to turn it to on instead of auto. Auto setting doesn't seem to turn the unit on. Weird?

Last edited by sdambra; 07-14-2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: IT SEEMS THAT THE FUSE BOX TRIPPED AND THAT'S WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS
sdambra is offline   Reply With Quote