DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Honeywell IAQ thermostat and humidity control

11K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  GhostBuster 
#1 ·
I have successfully installed my honeywell iaq THM5421C1008 thermostat.
I have a question about the humidity control. The humidity screen shows a 32% humidity reading on the upper left but the unit is apparently calling for 50% humidity located on the lower right. Why is it not able to get the humidity up to 50%? I have place the control on the setting of control of the fan is run by the need for humidity but the unit just dose not seem to turn on the humidifier enought. I have gone into test mode and the thermostat does turn on the humidifier. I have a recently installed desert spring drum humidifier that is supposed to do a house of 3000 square feet and my house id 2000 square feet. I gave it a few week to get the humidity level up. I have an outdoor temp sensor which is accurately working.

#2 ·
Because your furnace isn't cycling enough.

That model requires the furnace to be running for heat, in order to add humidity(or enough to notice).

Wrong humidifier for your application.

#4 ·
A flow through.
Hooked to the hot water line.
They use more water, but will add moisture to the air.

The only humidifiers that will save water, and add moisture to the air without the furnace running for heat, are steamers.

#7 ·
Hoineywell has the Truesteam. But, the large unit, isn't really able to add that much moisture(12 gallons per day).
I prefer the EWC Autoflo steamer.
The small one is 16 gallons per day, and the large one is 22.

Hot water won't help the desert, it is a sump humidifier. So the water will cool down.

Flow through, is when fresh water is constantly flowing through it.

#10 ·
Is the outdoor temp sensor integrated with your humidifier? If it is it may be holding your humidity down, especially if your outdoor temp is low. Too much humidity and your windows will sweat. Around here if you have 50% humidity this time of year you won't see out of your windows.

#11 ·
Skuttle makes a good steam humidifier, but alot of maintenance comes with it, I use a Honeywell Flow-Through humidifier with a Invensys T-stat with Humidity sensing to turn the unit on and off, also have the outdoor sensor for the t-stat as well, and it works great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.