Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-29-2007, 10:06 AM   #1

Share |

Honeywell Humidifier

I have one of these on my furnace. Is there anything speacl I need to do each year to service this?

I replace the pad each year, but other then that?

Also, what is the optimal setting to set the dial to? It ranges from 0 to 60. I live in the northeast, so it tends to get dry when the heat is on.

dcd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
Electrician

Honeywell Humidifier

If you visit Honeywells website you can look up the manufactures seasonal directions... but it's usually just a matter of changing the pad out...

As far as the setting, I use a humidistat with an outdoor sensor because the outdoor temperature changes everything... but if your getting condensation on your windows you know its set to high.

Here are the settings for manual humidistat's....

Outside Temperature
Recommended
Control Setting

-20F (-29C) 15 +10F (-12C) 30
-10F (-23C) 20 +20F (-7C) 35
0F (-18C) 25 Above 20F (-7C) 40

Last edited by chris75; 10-29-2007 at 10:46 AM.
chris75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:16 PM   #3

Honeywell Humidifier

So I went and got the new pad last night and fired it all up. THe fan comes on, but it does not pull any wanter. THe humidity in my house is about 50% now, and I have the humidistat set to 60, so it should come on.

Any thoughts on why it is not working ans what could be wrong?
Old 10-31-2007, 03:41 PM   #4
Electrician

Honeywell Humidifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd22 View Post
So I went and got the new pad last night and fired it all up. THe fan comes on, but it does not pull any wanter. THe humidity in my house is about 50% now, and I have the humidistat set to 60, so it should come on.

Any thoughts on why it is not working ans what could be wrong?

Check for power, correct wiring, & water supply turned on? You will hear the solenoid click on when it calls for water... also try turning the humidistat up a touch more....
chris75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:44 PM   #5

Honeywell Humidifier

Some humidistats are powered only when your furnace is calling for heating. I don't know if that is the case for yours or not. If it is, then the furnace will actually have to be heating to get the solenoid to kick in and the drum to turn. You will hear the click of the humidistat as you turn it up, but as there isn't any power going through it nothing happens.

Dave
HVACDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:36 AM   #6

Honeywell Humidifier

All was good, the fan would turn on, just no water was being delivered.

I called my HVAC guy yesturday. He said that the isue is more then likely an issue with the waterflow getting to the pad. He suggested I shut the water supply off, loosen and remove the connection to the celenoid and turn the water back on to drain the copper supply tube. I did this, and the water was brown (probebly from sitting over the summer). So, that told me that water was getting to the celenoid. I then removed the rubber tube from the top of the celenoid to the pad. Blew through that to make sure all was clear.

I put it all back together and ALL IS GOOD!!!! I think the copper pipe was clogged. Note to self: Drain pipe and turn off water supply during summer months!

LOVE that guy!! it is easily a $125 service call, but he would rather give good advise right away vs. me waiting a day and paying him for 2 min worth of work. Becuase of this, he had done a LOT of work for me and all family and friends!!