Honeywell Electric Air Cleaner - HELP - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-15-2009, 09:25 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Honeywell Electric Air Cleaner - HELP

Guys,

Someone please teach me about this unit, or send me a link where I can read about it. How do I replace or clean the airfilter. What are these 2 cartridge items. How do I clean the metal airfilter. Whats the difference with electric air cleaner and normal air cleaner? Sorry I'm a novice when it comes to HVAC

Many thanks in advance.

-O
Attached Thumbnails
Honeywell Electric Air Cleaner - HELP-heater1.jpg   Honeywell Electric Air Cleaner - HELP-heater2.jpg   Honeywell Electric Air Cleaner - HELP-heater3.jpg   Honeywell Electric Air Cleaner - HELP-heater4.jpg  

Advertisement

omanalansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
Hvac Pro

Rewards Points: 872

The thin pre-filters you can hose out in the shower. The larger cells I recommend you get a plastic Rubbermaid tub and buy some Simplegreen non-harsh detergent, mix up a batch and soak them in there. Rinse well with clean water and dry thoroughly. Look CAREFULLY and there are some thin piano/ionizing wires on those cells. Gently wipe them with a cotton cloth. Make sure the interior contacts in the filter box are clean as well. There is no such thing as a Normal air cleaner unless you mean those small portable room type made by Bionaire. Here is the owners/maintenance manual for the newest version of that unit:
http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...it/69-0756.pdf

I don't recommend the dishwasher as the soap is quite corrosive and may attack the aluminum parts.

Advertisement

Last edited by yuri; 02-15-2009 at 09:58 PM.
yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:56 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Thanks yuri,

regarding the cartridge they both go in the unit right?
omanalansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #4
Hvac Pro

Rewards Points: 872

See my updated post above yours. There is a directional arrow on the cells and it should face towards the furnace. Be VERY gentle/careful how you handle those units as they are a pain if you break a wire/bends the fins etc. Some people notice they give off a ozone smell and don't like them.
yuri is offline   Reply With Quote