Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #1

Share |

Honeywell Controller L8148A

Hi Eveyone,
I have an oil-fired furnace with an attached water tank . Yesterday without any reason the furnACE (BURNER) stopped running. I noticed that the circulator pump is working. I"m suspecting the L8148A (controller) but wanted to know how I can check to see if the controller is sending power to my burner. I did buy a new controller but before I replace it, I wnated to make sure because once I install the controller and the burner still doesn't work I can't return the new controller.

Any help would be appreciated

Just wanted to add more info:

The Thermostat R8184 G 4009 red buttom pops up after about 30 seconds. When I press it nothing happens. This is a new one of a year ago. When I replace that with the old onje. the old one's red button stays down and doesn't pop up but still nothing with the burner. Don't really know what that means

Also, I changed the igniter with a new one. They seem to go a lot so I bought a spare one.

Last edited by Steveaxt; 08-15-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: More info
Steveaxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Doubt its the L8148. Ignitors don't go out a lot. if they are. then something is very wrong.

Problem may be with primary or burner motor. Use a volt meter to find out what i wrong.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #3

I have a similar problem with my L8148E. Today is only the second day we have had the heat on this year, and the head did not come on this morning. Voltage at the thermostat was good, went to check the voltage between TV and T in the relay, something clicked and the system kicked on. One of the screws in the jumper between W and Z was loose, so maybe I bumped it with the voltmeter. Any thoughts as to what the problem could have been other than the loose connection? Thanks.
bugman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #4
An old Tradesmen

No, its was most likely the loose connection. Only way to know for sure. is if it happens again, that wasn't the problem. If it doesn't happen again, then that was the problem.

Tags
controller, honeywell, l8148a