That's good! I understand the outdoor RH at 20 degrees (today) is around 55%, that means you should keep the dehumidifier going and the fans too, but keep the windows and doors shut...But now you're on top of the problem.
But tell me do you smell mould down there?
I didn't mention all there is to it but I did mention the bleach mixture to kill off moulds (not necessarily mould spores) on many surfaces. This application will give a good kill ratio but the spores will still be in suspension in the air and ready to reproduce within the next 2 weeks, so there are further permanent steps to be taken if you have mould.
What is the type of dehumidifier and what is its rating in terms of litres or pints per day? brand name?and what size area basement are we talking about here?
“The average American woman is about 25 pounds heavier than she was in 1960...Recognizing obesity as a disease will help change the way the medical community tackles this complex issue that affects approximately 1 in 3 Americans,”
They have been running furnace fan and ceiling fans as well as dehumidifier since they encountered the problem. There is no mould smell at all and everything seems extremely dry and fresh. They did wash down walls, floor and shelves with a solution of javex. As you know we have had a lot of rain in Ottawa, but not nearly as much as we had continually in July when problem was noticed.
Whirlpool dehumidifier(I think 50 litres/day) They have it on shelf so it drains into laundry tub and drain.
House is 1700 sq ft bungalow.
We're talking full basement so it is about 1700 sq ft also.
Last edited by orange; 08-20-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Reason: basement size