Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-25-2009, 11:32 AM   #1
god

Share |

hepa3100 install question

I have a 18 year old house, split entry, 1000 sq feet on each floor. Wood stove in the basement and I am replacing a econo venmair with a hepa3100 venair. Drop ceiling in the basement with about 3.25 inches clearance. Down stairs washroom has 9 inches clearance with a drop ceiling.

My old vemair uses 6 inch round tubes for the air in and out inside the house. The new venmar uses 8 inch. Its not a problem to replce the tube running to the upstairs. Downstairs isnt a problem if installed in the same place. Problem is, the same place is on the opiste side of the basement where my wood stove is and it would make sense to have the air in at the same room as the wood stove.

I could:
A: split the air in by Running 2 air in vents using 3 by 10 ducting to the room with the wood stove.

B: I can barely get a 8 inch tiube into the room with the wood stove by going thru the washroom but this would push the air in almost at the bottom of the stairs.

god is offline   Reply With Quote